🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Certificate of Earnings Name issue
Page options
5ec5e2ff
Community Member

Name on Certificate of Earnings is Wrong

Hello Team, 

The name on my Certificate of Earnings is arranged wrong (flip-flopped). It is showing as "Audrey Marion Wrushen" but it should be showing as Marion Audrey Wrushen. 

Thank you for your help! 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
NikolaS

Hi Audrey,

The name displayed on your Certificate of Earnings is your Verified Name. Please know that this is different from your profile name and cannot be changed on your end. If you need help with your Verified Name, it would be best if you reach out directly to our support team so they can assist you within a private and secure channel of communication.

How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Select Get Support at the bottom of the Help Center page
  2. Type a question or topic and select "Send." The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. If we don't find the information you need after a few tries, you’ll see an option under the article selections to "Contact Support"
  4. Select "Contact Support" and follow the options provided

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

35 REPLIES 35
ccljn
Community Member

Hi, 

Can someone please assist me in changing my COE's name? My profile name is correct and I cannot find any settings to achieve what I need.

Thanks.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Cecile,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with the name on your certificate. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello Goran,

I have the same problem with the wrong name in certificate of earning, can you Solve that?

Thanks and Regards,

Keval G.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Keval,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hi,

I'm having the same problem again. COE has the wrong name. Please assist.

Thank you.

Hello Cecile,

Thank you for your message. I'll have one of our customer support agents reach out to you directly and assist you further.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork
ccljn
Community Member

Hello, 

No one has contacted me yet. Any update?

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Cecile,

Yes, our team has already reached out to you via ticket and email. You can access your tickets on this Link and follow up on your ticket if you have any additional questions. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,

I have the similar issue: my name in certificate of earnings are written in cyrillic, but in all other places (profile, contact info and tax info) it is written in latin. So could you pleace fix CoE name and write it in latin?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Anton,

One of our agents will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you with this concern.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
5bffab81
Community Member

Hi Bojan,

I am having the same issue, the name on my certificate of earnings is also different.

zain1472
Community Member

My issue is that my first name appears twice. My full name is Muhammad Zain Ul Abideen. But that's not what it shows in Certificate of Earnings. I need to submit it to the bank so I need my real name in there which is Muhammad Zain Ul Abideen.

Hi Muhammad,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your certificate. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran, 

My apologies. I'm not sure if I understand what you mean by reach me via ticket?

Thanks.

Hi Muhammad,

Our team will reach out to you via support ticket and you can access it on this Link. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello,

I have been verified successfully, but due to a technical mistake of the Verification Agent, now on the Upwoork issued documents as Contracts and Certificate of Earnings, my name is wrong. 

I cannot withdraw my recent earnings as well, as the transfers to my Bank Account are suspended. 

What can I do?

Regards, 

Hi Rositsa,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
cef56c2f
Community Member

Hello, I have an issue with my name appearing on the Certificate of Earnings. It is not showing my middle name which I wanted to for opening a bank account. My name is "Muhammad Awais Akram" but on the certificate, it's "Muhammad Akram".

Hi Awais,

Thank you for your message. I will have our support team contact you for further assistance.      

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
NikolaS

Hi Audrey,

The name displayed on your Certificate of Earnings is your Verified Name. Please know that this is different from your profile name and cannot be changed on your end. If you need help with your Verified Name, it would be best if you reach out directly to our support team so they can assist you within a private and secure channel of communication.

How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Select Get Support at the bottom of the Help Center page
  2. Type a question or topic and select "Send." The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. If we don't find the information you need after a few tries, you’ll see an option under the article selections to "Contact Support"
  4. Select "Contact Support" and follow the options provided

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hello Nikola,

I am also facing the same issue. I have to open a bank account and I need a certificate of earnings, Which I get successfully. But my full name is Muhammad Naeem Akram and it's showing only Muhammad Akram, Which is my father's name.
I try the Get Support chat bot but I could not find any solution there.

Kindly resolve my issue as soon as possible.

Thank you

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi Annie Jane B,

My name is Nishant Rastogi and in the certificate it is showing wrong, it was fine before but now there is one letter changed, please do the needful.

Thanks,

Nishant

Hi Nishant,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here .

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi, I have the same issue as Nishant. But in my case, my profile name (married name) and name reflecting in my certificate of earnings are different (reflects my maiden name). Please help as I cannot add my preferred payment method with this issue as well

Hi Marites,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork

I also have the same problem, my account name is Ihsan Hidayat but the name is Certificate of earnings : Insan Hidayat. Can you help me so that the name on the certificate of earning : Ihsan Hidayat

Hi Ihsan,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

- Pradeep

Upwork

I also have the same problem, my account name is Ihsan Hidayat but the name is Certificate of earnings : Insan Hidayat. Can you help me so that the name on the income certificate becomes: Ihsan Hidayat

a5f739fb
Community Member

How can I change my legal name on my Upwork profile? My verified name is "Muhammad Asif Han Khan" but I would like it to be changed to "Muhammad Asif". I have tried contacting the Upwork team but have not received a response.

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
a5f739fb
Community Member

Nikola, 

I am worried about the name. As I received the message that your name is same as on the document which is not correct. 

I have attached my document which contains only "Muhammad Asif"

Please resolve this issue. I will be very thankful. 

Muhammad Asif 

Hi Muhammad,

Arjay here stepping in for Nikola. I can see that the team has sent you an update on this ticket. It looks like the designated team was able to make an adjustment. You can go ahead and check your certificate of earnings again. Don't hesitate to update the ticket if you have questions or still need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
10b6e78a
Community Member

Hi,

My name on my certificate of earnings is different from my verified name on my profile. Please help me this. Thank you!

ikhsan3136
Community Member

I also have the same problem, my account name is Ihsan Hidayat but the name is Certificate of earnings : Insan Hidayat Can you help me so that the name on the certificate of earning becomes: Ihsan Hidayat

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths