🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Certificate of Earnings under an Agency
Page options
maylynmedina
Community Member

Certificate of Earnings under an Agency

I have an agency and all my contracts are under it. Upwork's system doesn't generate Certificate of Earnings for agencies. Is there a way that I can get a Certificate of Earnings?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi All,

While Certificate of Earnings isn't currently available for agencies via their accounts, agency owners can contact support and request the information they need. The team will then assist them with getting information they're looking for.

A quick way to contact support is by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner in the Upwork Help. You will be asked what type of account you need help with and to describe your issue or questions.

Thanks!
~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

26 REPLIES 26
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi May Lyn,

Unfortunately, Certificate of Earnings is currently unavailable for Agencies. You can use your Transaction History report for any period of time and download the payment information there. 

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hey Bojan,

That is a simple csv file which is good enough for you only if you want to . do some accounting. But if you are intended to submit this to government agencies to show them your source of income then it's not acceptable because there is no upwork logo which is mostly on pdf or word file. There is no signature SVP Operations signature which validates it that it's a real certificate generated by upwork only. It becomes a dead end for me if I am not able to provide them with the source of my income as agency owner. I just want to to show them that all my home remittances are white money which I have received by through upwork by delivering my services. As freelancer can show anyone their certificate of earning to the agency to declare that they are earning it by providing services on upwork. Same way agencies also have to show this info to government agencies to prove that this is the source of this income.

Thanks

Hi Rizwan,

Thank you for your feedback, I will share it with our team.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,

Is there any information?

Hi upwork team. We will also like to know the update on this. Having certificate of earnings for an agency will help us in our tax payments a lot.

Hi Goran.

Any updates on this open issue? I also need my Certificate of Earnings as one of the government mandate requirements for business application. 1/4 of my earnings are under agency, so they are not declared in my COE document. They should not be separated, because freelancers also worked hard for those earnings, regardless if they were under agency or not. If they can't be combined, there should be at least a section in the document that says Agency Earnings or something like that.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Shenna

Hi Shenna Faye,

Currently, the certificate of earnings is not available for agencies, but I'll be sure to forward your feedback to the team. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
fec2699b
Community Member

So Any updates, this feature is being requested for more than 5 years and there is no progress, How we can overcome this problem, how we can get certificate of earnings to our agencies?

I am too interested in the option of earning certificate under agency - for agency owners AND for contractors alike. Much needed document! 

Is there any update on this issue?

Hi Goran,

Any update on this? This is very much needed feature, I am a freelancer from Pakistan and manage an Agency on upwork. It is required for both tax declaration and banking purposes as well. 

Hi Nofal,

Thank you for reaching out to us and sharing your feedback. This feature is currently unavailable, we will let the Community know once there are any changes. I will also share your report for consideration and further revew. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

I believe this is not a hard task for your programmer to do so.
This is an issue since 2019, how come you have not resolve this?

57446a10
Community Member

Any updates on this? As agency owners, we need to show proof of income for government organizations. 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Eli, 

Currently, this feature is not available. We will flag this thread to the team to be considered as a feature in the future.

~ Avery
Upwork

Three years have passed, and this feature is still not available, Is there a way to request a feature officially? The earnings don't show in your personal account's Earning certificate either. Even if you are the manager of the agency. 

I totally agree. I am an agency owner who wants to apply for a freelance visa in Germany, but I cannot show any proof of income for my agency. 

pedroed
Community Member

we need this

Hi Badr,

Thank you for your message. Currently, certificate of earnings is unavailable for agencies. I'll notify the team about your suggestion. 

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork
kashmirizaigham
Community Member

What's the rationale of not providing this feature? 

Does Upwork provide Certificate of Earnings for Agency if we request over an email?

Regards, 

Zaigham

75e2d6b3
Community Member

Please to all Upwork moderators please don't reply on this thread that the certificate of earning is not available for agencies, we already know about this and it's very frustrating how many freelancers are requesting this feature since 2019 and still not considered to be included on your calendar of tasks, 

we all hope one of the moderators come one day and say, 
we have started working on making the certificate of earning to be available for agency members or at least to agency owners.

Thank you 

Please start working on these instead of just saying that you will consider this suggestion because this is an issue, not a suggestion

jhette_r
Community Member

Any update on this feature ?

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi All,

While Certificate of Earnings isn't currently available for agencies via their accounts, agency owners can contact support and request the information they need. The team will then assist them with getting information they're looking for.

A quick way to contact support is by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner in the Upwork Help. You will be asked what type of account you need help with and to describe your issue or questions.

Thanks!
~ Valeria
Upwork
asadullahghumman
Community Member

+1
much needed feature. Should be added.

jimi008
Community Member

Still no progress on this. This is a very basic requirement for freelancers to provide their certificate of earings to different govt agencies or banks. Upwork should provide this feature ASAP.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths