🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Certificate of Employment
Page options
infonetti
Community Member

Certificate of Employment

Hi,

I have this predicament. I want to ask/request a 'certificate of employment' for tax filing from Upwork to prove that this source of income is legitimate. Is this possible?

Archie

Jose P. Archival
5 REPLIES 5
petra_r
Community Member

@Jose P. A wrote:

Hi,

I have this predicament. I want to ask/request a 'certificate of employment' for tax filing from Upwork to prove that this source of income is legitimate. Is this possible?

Archie

You are not employed (you are a freelancer, in business for yourself) so you can never have a 'certificate of employment' from Upwork.

You can find your "Certificate of Earnings" here.

_chrisb_
Community Member

Yeah in business for themself i.e. self-employed. Upwork is in a priviliged position to confirm that an Upworker has indeed worked on a contract from Date X to Y, and if hourly, worked Z number of hours. And if project based, delivered on W deliverables. That's per contract.

If the client pays and doesn't report any issues, then that's proof that the client hired them, and they either delivered on the job or are in the process of it. Now while the OP uses the word "employment" which more often than not is used in full-time committment contexts, they obviously want proof that they're being hired by clients — working on the platform; perhaps to show to potential employers to verify their work history. And Upwork should provide us a way to do that without having to turnover all of our earnings details.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jose,

We don't provide a "Certificate of Employment" for users on Upwork, because you are a freelancer that's using the Upwork platform to find work. However, you do have access to a "Certificate of Earnings", which shows your earnings on Upwork for the last 12 months. You can find this document by going to your Reports > Certificate of Earnings. 

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

How to do I can get certificate of my earning under agency. Or get the certificate for the earning of agency.

Amitpal Singh D wrote:

How to do I can get certificate of my earning under agency. Or get the certificate for the earning of agency.

I am almost certain there is no such thing. The question has been asked previously and the answer was that no certificates of earnings are available for agencies.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths