🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Certificate of earnings.
Page options
p_serechenko
Community Member

Certificate of earnings.

Hello,
I want to get assistance with a certificate of earnings document. It doesn't look right calendar wise.

Thank you in advance.
Polina

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Polina,

The Certificate of Earnings will show your total earnings for the past 12 months. For the earnings you`re refering to, it's showing your total earnings in a 6 months period from December to June. If you have any additional questions let me know, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Polina,

The Certificate of Earnings report calculates your earnings for the past one, three, six, and twelve months based on the date selected. It does not contain or include service fees and the date ranges cannot be adjusted. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Dear Goran,

Thank you for your prompt reply.

I understand the way this document calculates. But, it doesn't make any sense or is true, when on this document is written that since December 1, 2018, I earned 1,850 dollars!!! while my real earnings, specifically, my first 7 dollars, Iearned on March 2019!!!

Screenshot attached

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Polina,

The Certificate of Earnings will show your total earnings for the past 12 months. For the earnings you`re refering to, it's showing your total earnings in a 6 months period from December to June. If you have any additional questions let me know, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Goran V wrote:

I note that my 12-month earnings in My Stats are some $2000 higher than what is reported on the Certificate of Earnings. On December 31st, if on no other day, with no activity in the last week and only $70 in review, one would not expect this great a discrepancy.

Same here, Michael.  My certificate of earnings is about $500 less than the 12 month stats number.  I think the difference is the $500 or so dollars on the time tracker for this week, which won't be paid for awhile.  (Too lazy to do the math)

The certificate of earnings is of absolutely no administrative use whatsoever and is inappropriately named. And if it is used  in our profiles as an approximate indicator of what we have earned on Upwork, it is inaccurate.  I suddenly dropped $10.000.  Whatever.

For tax and personal purposes, I only ever refer to my transactions page - and even that is a tad more complicated than before.

shaan01jain
Community Member

Why you people do not provide certificate for earnings for agency, we really need that.
I have tried to connect with chat support and tried to email as well but I didn’t find that.

Please share certificate of earnings/Foreign Inward Remittance Certificate for my agency or tell me from where I can download that.

Hi Bhavesh,

Unfortunately, the Certificate of Earnings is currently unavailable for Agencies. You can use your Transaction History report for any period of time and download the payment information there. I will share your suggestion with our team for consideration. 

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

How can I get the certificate of earnings in spanish? I can only download it in English.

Thanks!

Hi Sivash,

The Certificate of Earnings is only available in English. If you need to provide information about your activity and earnings on the platform in Spanish, I would suggest downloading your Certificate and having it professionally translated according to what you need it for.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

I also need one. In the country that I live in, Bank-Representatives ask for this card in Spanish for me to create a bank account.

I wish there were an option to translate it directly with UpWork.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths