Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Certificate suggestion

nina_mueller
Nina M Member Since: Nov 14, 2017
1 of 5

Hello,

I just submitted a certificate request for the third time trying to include my TOEFL English test results in my profile. Again it told me that my request was up for review but I submitted my first request about 2 weeks ago. Without this certificate I cannot prove I am competent. I have not received any reply from the customer service.

I know there used to be a custom certificate option but now it is gone. When will this finally be fixed?

Nina Müller

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
2 of 5

Hi Nina,

A change has been made and now only the certifications Upwork is able to verify are shown on freelancers' profile. This helps standardize freelancer profiles and decrease client confusion. All verifiable certifications are listed here.

We have a team that reviews suggested certifications and is working on adding those that are in demand. We aren't able to provide a timeline for when a certification you suggested is added.

~ Valeria
Upwork
dsvista
Debbie S Member Since: Jan 15, 2020
3 of 5

Thank you for this response.  I've seen this question several times in the community, and this is the first response I've seen that actually answers the question.  

I'd like to add my name to the group of freelance users who have made suggestions for Certificates and Skills.  It's disappointing to see that some key items are missing.  I hope Upwork can process these suggestions more quickly and provide those who have made suggestions with updates on their status. 

Thank you.

varungs
Community Guru
Varun G Member Since: Dec 11, 2019
4 of 5

I'd like to second the TOEFL addition. It would also be nice to add other common qualifications like the IELTS, IB Diploma, GCE A Levels and others.

I noticed that Cambridge is already a major certification partner, so I'm baffled that Cambridge's most popular certifications (IGCSE/GCSE and A Levels) aren't on the list. You should add those too, especially the latter, since they're of great value and can prove competence in several fields for UK-based freelancers.

bstojadinovic
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
5 of 5

Thanks for your suggestions, Varun and Debbie! I'll be sure to share it with the team.

~ Bojan
Upwork
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS