🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Certifications
Page options
alioncaci
Community Member

Certifications

My certification is not in the list. Even though I submitted several request to be on the list, nothing happened so far. The certification is OSD ( **Edited for Community Guidelines**) which is one of the few German language certificates that is recognized in every institution all over the world.. 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

3 REPLIES 3
LuiggiR

Hi Alion,

I'm sorry to hear your certification is not added yet. We do review suggested certifications on a regular basis and add new ones based on feedback from users like you. If we see enough demand for a certification, the team will be happy to add it so that you're able to include it in your profile. Thanks once again for your suggestion. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hi Luiggi,

Why is Upwork not adding industry recognized certifications proactively? I see this issue being raised since many years on this forum but I still don't seem to understand reason behind Upwork's approach. Can you throw some light on it?

I have similar case for my SAFe 5 certification. It is a well known certification from a well known organisation, but it is not there on list. Neither it is being added promptly after requesting for it. I am thinking of doing VMWare certification but again it is not there.

I understand that certifications can be mentioned in the Overview section, but then overview section is where I want to focus on 'what I can offer to clients' and 'not who I am'. More importantly, what is means is 'Certification' section in profile is not serving it's purpose for a large number of people on the platform.

Again, I just want to understand reason behind Upwork's approach and I am sure there will be a good reason not to add renowned certifications proactively.

Regards.

Hi Dhaval,

You can also add your certification as a portfolio item and your clients will still be able to view it. 
If you try to enter a certification not on the list, you’ll have the opportunity to Suggest a Certification. Occasional additions will be made. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members