🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Change Contract Description
Page options
hamduc
Community Member

Change Contract Description

Hi Upwork,

I am a freelancer. I would like to ask if is there a way I can change the contract description on my end. For example, the client posts a contract name "ABC". When I win this contract and start to work, I want to change this contract to something like "ABC - XYZ" 

Or there is a way that I can put my description/note on that contract.

The reason I ask for this function is that: let say you have 5 open contracts now. You need to use the Upwork Tracker tool when you work on a project. Problem is that you may start on the wrong project because the project name is too general. So if there is a way I can name it or put a note on the project I will know what the project is.

There is no way you can transfer your working hours between projects.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
bilsim
Community Member

IMO, a minor issue.

As a freelancer, your attention to detail should be sufficient to navigate securely and accurately between projects in your time tracker. How will the client trust you to retain the same kind of attention in their project?

You may find some other identifiers to help you distinguish between them such as the date.

It sounds as if one same client is sending you a lot of repeated contracts under the same name. It probably doesn't happen daily, so you may use the date to distinguish.

I am not aware we can edit the contract name on our end, so you may ask the client to it from their end, if convienient. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
bilsim
Community Member

IMO, a minor issue.

As a freelancer, your attention to detail should be sufficient to navigate securely and accurately between projects in your time tracker. How will the client trust you to retain the same kind of attention in their project?

You may find some other identifiers to help you distinguish between them such as the date.

It sounds as if one same client is sending you a lot of repeated contracts under the same name. It probably doesn't happen daily, so you may use the date to distinguish.

I am not aware we can edit the contract name on our end, so you may ask the client to it from their end, if convienient. 

hamduc
Community Member

I believe you are not a freelancer!

I believe if you are a freelancer then you concern about my question.

AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi HUYNH,

There's no option to change the contract information. The client would need to rehire you on a new contract.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
martina_plaschka
Community Member

You have 5 open contracts. Doesn't sound hard to manage. 

Dear All,

I just ask to suggest a function. I don't have this problem now but I had this problem in the past. I made mistake to record hours in a wrong contract.

Pls close this post here.

Thanks for all responses.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths