🐈
» Forums » Support » Change Email Address
Page options
08fe3339
Community Member

Change Email Address

Hello, I am new to Upwork and need to change the email I signed up with. I have followed all advice I found (go to Contant Info and change there), but there is no option for me to change it anywhere on my Profile Settings. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi Quinn,

That's right, you should be able to update your email address by going to Settings > Contact info and clicking on the pencil icon next to "Account." 

Could you please send a screenshot of the issue you're seeing when trying to do this so we could check?

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

25 REPLIES 25
AndreaG

Hi Quinn,

That's right, you should be able to update your email address by going to Settings > Contact info and clicking on the pencil icon next to "Account." 

Could you please send a screenshot of the issue you're seeing when trying to do this so we could check?

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
08fe3339
Community Member

Great! It had been sending me to "Passwords and Security" when I clicked Contact Info. I just had to answer a security question and then it allowed me to change my email. Thank you for the help!!

3c7f1c36
Community Member

I initially signed in via Google but now wish to change to a direct sign-in.  How do I change my email address - tried the above and haven't yet found an option to change it.  Thanks!

Hi Norman,

To disconnect the Google Sign-in feature you'll need to go to Settings > Connected Services instead.

~Andrea
Upwork
3c7f1c36
Community Member

This still requires me to sign-in through Google (or Apple.) I wish to
eliminate such and sign-in directly. Is this possible, or would I have to
create a new account?

Thanks,
Norman Mahan

Hi Norman,

You will need to sign in to your account to access your Settings, yes. If you're having any trouble logging in please let us know so we can help.

Please keep in mind that creating multiple accounts is a serious violation of Upwork's Terms of Service.

~Andrea
Upwork
d92f960a
Community Member

Hello. I registered via google account and now want to connect another google account instead. So basically i want to change email my account is connected to. What is a procedure for that?

Hi Yana,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via email to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
d92f960a
Community Member

No one reached me. Please advise how to proceed with email change.

Sorry for confusion, just found an email from Bianca.

59f79cc6
Community Member

Hi Andrea,

I'm having the same issue. When I click change contact info, it is showing me the password and security question pop up. How can I change my email address?

Kinr regards,

Muireann

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Muireann,

It looks like you were able to update your email address just recently. Feel free to reach back to us if you still need any assistance.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
44a1fb98
Community Member

Hi ... I also want to change my email, so went to "settings," but do not see "Contact Info," nor do I see any other option to change my personal information. Help?

Hi Dawn,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please try going to this page? Please let us know if you need further assistance.

~ AJ
Upwork

I think I've found the answer ... I went to the link you sent. It wanted me to verify the answer to the security question I set up when I opened my account. I was never asked a security question. Then, I thought maybe I missed an email verification, so I went back to the email I signed up with and checked my inbox and my junk folder ... nothing.

For what it's worth, I tried to sign up with another email to start, but something went awry, so I used the one I'm trying to change now. I think there might be some bugs in the sign-up process.

So ... now what?

Hi Dawn,

Thank you for responding. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork

Excellent. Thank you for your assistance.

1fddf6ef
Community Member

i was convert my gmail account to icloud account on my upwork profile so now i login my work account so cannot login it seems show This email address uses Google Sign-In. please slove my problem

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

- Pradeep

Upwork

how much time?

slobodianiuk_v
Community Member

Hi,

i need to change the email and when i try to do so, got the error: "This email is already in use.". The new email was used in the past for other account, but currently that account is deleted.

Hi Volodymyr,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can see that you opened a support ticket regarding this issue. Please allow our team 24-48 hours to review your request and reach out to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi, I also want to change my email address, in my case when going to Settings > Contact info I do see the pencil icon next to "Account." But it seems like the button itself doesn't work, I click it and click it and nothing happens (it just gets shaded) I've tried on both my PC and cellphone with no success. I do have my security question set up, I even got verified with my ID and still nothing. I believe it's a glitch? Can somebody help please?

220a516c
Community Member

I'm also having this problem. I went through all the solutions on this thread and nothing works.

In my case when I goto Settings > Contact info I do see the pencil icon next to "Account."  But when I click on it nothing happens, as if the button itself didn't work. I have setup my security question. I even verified my acct with my ID but the button still doesn't work. I'll appreciate some help, thank you.

Hi Oscar,

I have escalated your concern to the appropriate team for further review. One of our team members will be reaching out via a support ticket with further assistance on how to proceed with your concern. You can access your ticket and communicate with the team on this page.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths