🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Change Location
Page options
cjigna
Community Member

Change Location

Hello,

I have come to Poland from India for some time. I have updated my location in my Upwork profile. I want to ask which documents are required for verification? And when I return, can I update the location again in India later?

Thanks in advance!

Jigna

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
759e32fa

Hi Jigna,

Thank you for reaching out. In general, if you are traveling and are away from your country of residence temporarily, you don’t need to update your location. If it does raise any flags on our end, the team will reach out to you directly. If however, you are going to be away for an extended period, such as moving some place, then you should make updates to your account location.

~ AJ
Upwork

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
759e32fa

Hi Jigna,

Thank you for reaching out. In general, if you are traveling and are away from your country of residence temporarily, you don’t need to update your location. If it does raise any flags on our end, the team will reach out to you directly. If however, you are going to be away for an extended period, such as moving some place, then you should make updates to your account location.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi Annie! I have a similar question, I recently moved from Argentina to Spain and now Im working legally from here, I have all the documents for it. I changed my location on my UW account and now it requires verification of my location, but when I present my documents it doesn´t work and I think its because my ID is from Argentina, that makes it to not match the Spanish documents. 

I don´t want my account to be closed, so what should I do?

Thanks

cjigna
Community Member

Thanks Annie Jane!

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members