🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Change Maiden name to married name
Page options
mharjhen09
Community Member

Change Maiden name to married name

Hi Team,

I am currently updating my account in Upwork and I am changing my name to married legal name but it is not working or updating.

Hoping that someone can help me with this as all my legal or government ID's are under my legal name now. 

Thank you in advance!

13 REPLIES 13
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Lady Jane,

You can update your name by going to Settings and using the edit button. If your name variation is not acceptable, our agent will advise you directly about the mismatch on your documents and will suggest editing your Upwork profile name to match your legal name.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
a_lipsey
Community Member

Bojan S wrote:

Hi Lady Jane,

You can update your name by going to Settings and using the edit button. If your name variation is not acceptable, our agent will advise you directly about the mismatch on your documents and will suggest editing your Upwork profile name to match your legal name.

Thank you.

Bojan, my legal name (last name and middle initial) is changing as well, although not due to marriage. Is this the same course of action if our name legally changes?

Thanks!

Amanda 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Amanda,

Yes, the process is the same. We would suggest editing your Upwork profile name to match your legal name.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi there, 

Could you please advise about my maiden name update?

I've sent a request for changing my maiden name to a married name by editing my profile. I've verified my identity before so Upwork has my maiden name passport. Should I send you my new ID?

Thank you for your help! 

Hi Olga,

I checked and it seems that your name change was already approved. The team will let you know if any further actions are required from you.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi Aleksandar Can I ask help on changing my surname to married surname? How will I be able to do it? And also will I need also to update my ID with married surname to Upwork Staff? Pls help me

annalou860
Community Member

Hi Lady Can I ask help on changing my surname to married surname? How will I be able to do it? And also will I need also to update my ID with married surname to Upwork Staff? Pls help me

Hi Annalou,

Thank you for your message. I see that you have already submitted a name change request on your account. Please allow 48 hours for the team to review your request. The team may reach out to you if they need additional information.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Pradeep,

Thanks a lot, please donot hesitate to reach me so I can back it up with my legal passport and married license please.

Thanks again,

Annalou

Hi Pradeep,

Good day would like to follow up for my request? I believe it has already lapsed 48 hours as of today.

Thanks,

Annalou

Hi Annalou,

I checked, and it looks like you have already submitted a follow-up to the team. Please allow them to review and update you directly on the same ticket to assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
charlene_padua
Community Member

Hello  is there an updated way to change your maiden name to married name on upwork? 

Hi Charlene,

To change your name, go to Settings and click edit. One of our team members may reach you to request additional information before they approve the name change request.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths