🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Change Upwork Name to match my bank accou...
Page options
precious_santos
Community Member

Change Upwork Name to match my bank account name under married surname

I would like to change my bank account but it is with my married surname. I also intend to change my upwork name to match with my new bank account. Is this possible? And how can I do it? What to do first? Change name or change bank account?
10 REPLIES 10
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Precious,

Your Upwork name needs to be your full legal name and matches your bank account name so that our team can verify it. Feel free to update your details accordingly, if you have any additional questions let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

What should I update first then? My upwork name or my bank account? Currently my Upwork name is Precious Cuisia so is my bank account. Then I will change to Precious Santos with new bank account name Precious Santos.

Hi Precious,

Feel free to update the one that it's easier for you. To submit a name change request you will need to go to Settings > Contact Info > update your name. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

And then once approved, I can already add my new bank account?

Hi Precious,

Yes that is correct.

~ Goran
Upwork

After I add my new bank account, how many days after can I withdraw funds?

Hi Precious,

The verification process can take up to 3 days. Once it's done our team will send you a notification the verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Does that include weekends (Saturday and Sunday)?

Hi Precious,

Yes you`re right, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you. Great help. I hope I can still reply to this thread if I experience any problem with the process?
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths