🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Change account
Page options
b4dd038e
Community Member

Change account

Greetings,

Hope you well,

I'm using this account and I want to close it and create a new account with a new email. And on the new account, I would like to use my old account details like profile, description, portfolio, etc. My question is, " Is there any issue to create a new account as the same as the old one closed"? Please help me out

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Muhammad Z wrote:

If I create a new account with email but use my old account details, 

Which part of "You are not allowed to create a new account and will get banned" are you having trouble understanding?

Let me clarify: If you create a new account you will be in violation of Upwork's terms of service and banned.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
petra_r
Community Member

Muhammad Z wrote:

Greetings, My question is, " Is there any issue to create a new account as the same as the old one closed"? Please help me out

Yes. You would get suspended and probably banned forever. You are never allowed to create more than one account. Why would you want to do this anyway? You can just change the email address if you want to account to be with a different email address.

b4dd038e
Community Member

You are right all most.

If I create a new account with new email but use my old account details, then is there any issue like plagiarism? Now please help me out in this case.

petra_r
Community Member

Muhammad Z wrote:

If I create a new account with email but use my old account details, 

Which part of "You are not allowed to create a new account and will get banned" are you having trouble understanding?

Let me clarify: If you create a new account you will be in violation of Upwork's terms of service and banned.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members