๐Ÿˆ
ยป Forums ยป Freelancers ยป Re: Change amount of payment to reduce servic...
Page options
phachsasi
Community Member

Change amount of payment to reduce service fee

Hi,
So Iโ€™m recently working on a project of 500$ with milestone option. However, since Iโ€™m able to complete more tasks in given time. My client decided to pay more than 500$+
I have come across Upwork service fee policy saying that the payment above 500.01$ will be 10% instead of 20%.
Therefore, I would like to ask for suggestion that how can my client or myself make change on Upwork/do anything to make this happen. (10% fee only)

Thank you very much!
ACCEPTED SOLUTION

wrote:
Sorry* i meant โ€œ the service fee for the payment above 500.01$ will be 10% instead of 20%โ€ ๐Ÿ™

Yes, once you reach $500, the fee will drop to 10% for all work with that client (regardless of the contract) - But only on the amount in excess of $500, NOT on the initial $500.

So if the client ends up paying you $800, you'll pay $130 in fees. $100 (20%) on the initial $500, then $30 (10%) on the remaining $300.

Therefore, I would like to ask for suggestion that how can my client or myself make change on Upwork/do anything to make this happen. (10% fee only)

You don't have to "do" anything, neither does your client. It is automatic. As soon as the money your client pays you crosses the $500 line, the fee reduces for all money paid in excess of $500.

It gets reduced only once you've been paid $500 at 20%. The initial $500 are always at 20% (except for Enterprise clients)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
phachsasi
Community Member

Sorry* i meant โ€œ the service fee for the payment above 500.01$ will be 10% instead of 20%โ€ ๐Ÿ™

wrote:

Yes, once you reach $500, the fee will drop to 10% for all work with that client (regardless of the contract) - But only on the amount in excess of $500, NOT on the initial $500.

So if the client ends up paying you $800, you'll pay $130 in fees. $100 (20%) on the initial $500, then $30 (10%) on the remaining $300.

You don't have to "do" anything, neither does your client. It is automatic. As soon as the money your client pays you crosses the $500 line, the fee reduces for all money paid in excess of $500.

It gets reduced only once you've been paid $500 at 20%. The initial $500 are always at 20% (except for Enterprise clients)

Thank you very much for the quick reply and clear explanation. Much appreciated ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths