🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Change currency in get paid method
Page options
elnatan_vazana
Community Member

Change currency in get paid method

Hello,I'm a new freelancer,

I just finished a project and in a few days I will be able to withdraw the money. I'm trying to add a payment method. I'm from Poland and I'm trying to put my bank account details, now my bank account currency is USD, and when I'm trying to fill my bank information it gives me only PLN currency and I want to get paid by USD, if I have got 240 USD (after upwork took the 20% from 300USD) I want to have in my bank account 240 USD (minus the transaction 0,99USD). It doesn't let me to change from PLN to USD and i dont know what to do.

Please help me to find a solution.

5 REPLIES 5
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Elnatan,

Direct to Local Bank service lets you withdraw your earnings from Upwork directly to your bank account, in your local currency. If you would like to withdraw your earnings in USD you will need to add a wire transfer as a payment method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
ukaltsum
Community Member

Thanks for asking this. I have the same issue: I have a local bank account in USD but Upwork set the payment default to my local currency only Smiley Sad

To set up a wire transfer method (because the local bank account is in USD) and be charged USD 30 per transfer is not a good solution.

Another alternative is get paid through Paypal, but I'm still trying to figure out how much Paypal will charge me.

Hi Ummi,

Direct to Local Bank service lets you withdraw your earnings from Upwork directly to your bank account, in your local currency. Feel free to check out this help article for more information. You can also check out this help article for PayPal fees and timing.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
70af2bca
Community Member

Hello,

Is it possible to change my account currency because I have a USD bank card ( in Bulgarian bank ) and I'd like to receive USD instead of BGN.... really none of the existing articles explains how to do that...

Please assist!

Hi Yordan,

If you would like to receive your funds in US dollars you will need to use our Wire transfer withdrawal method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths