🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Change in contract terms
Page options
sheraz3232
Community Member

Change in contract terms

Hello Upwork community, i'm in a situation here, my client wants to start a new contract, and end the ongoing contract due to he was billed 3$ instead of 2$. We agreed on 2$ depending on work nature but he by mistake added 3$ as hourly rate. Is it possible to change the rate to 2$ on currently running contract. If not then will my payment of last week be affected which I worked.
Let me know if ending the current contract and creating a new contract is good for me and my client.
4 REPLIES 4
swaraj5
Community Member

Hi Muhammad!

When matter get complicated, it is easy to start with a new project. Your problem is that your employer wants to pay you $2 instead of $3.

Save your job. Tell your employer to post a new job mentioning $2. Client must invite you. He/she must accept your proposal. In that case, just post yourprevoius job. Finish payment with the accepted rate.

Thanks.

Hi swaraj,
If my client ends current contract what about my earnings for the current contract. And by creating a new job does the client have the option to place hourly rate as 2$?

Hi Muhammad,

The minimum hourly rate that can be set up on an hourly contract is $3, clients won't be able to hire you for less than $3 per hour. To learn more about getting started on Upwork check out our recourses Here, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

The minimum hourly rate allowed on Upwork is three dollars per hour.

The system will not allow new contacts to be created at a lower rate.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths