cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change in contract terms

Highlighted
Muhammad S Member Since: Feb 4, 2019
1 of 5
Hello Upwork community, i'm in a situation here, my client wants to start a new contract, and end the ongoing contract due to he was billed 3$ instead of 2$. We agreed on 2$ depending on work nature but he by mistake added 3$ as hourly rate. Is it possible to change the rate to 2$ on currently running contract. If not then will my payment of last week be affected which I worked.
Let me know if ending the current contract and creating a new contract is good for me and my client.
Highlighted
Swaraj P Member Since: Apr 1, 2019
2 of 5

Hi Muhammad!

When matter get complicated, it is easy to start with a new project. Your problem is that your employer wants to pay you $2 instead of $3.

Save your job. Tell your employer to post a new job mentioning $2. Client must invite you. He/she must accept your proposal. In that case, just post yourprevoius job. Finish payment with the accepted rate.

Thanks.

Highlighted
Muhammad S Member Since: Feb 4, 2019
3 of 5
Hi swaraj,
If my client ends current contract what about my earnings for the current contract. And by creating a new job does the client have the option to place hourly rate as 2$?
Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
4 of 5

Hi Muhammad,

The minimum hourly rate that can be set up on an hourly contract is $3, clients won't be able to hire you for less than $3 per hour. To learn more about getting started on Upwork check out our recourses Here, thank you.

Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
5 of 5

The minimum hourly rate allowed on Upwork is three dollars per hour.

The system will not allow new contacts to be created at a lower rate.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS