cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change last name display to only initial.

alka_pandya
Alka P Member Since: Jun 24, 2016
1 of 12

Hello in my profile my name is "Alka Pandya". I just wnat to show "Alka P" at everywhere on upwork. Can you please just tell me how can i achieve that.

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
2 of 12

No, Rohan, anybody can choose to display first name and last name initial on their public profile. They don't have to be paid members.

Alka, go to Find Work > Profile and click on your name. On the pop up window, please select "Show only my first name and last name initial"

Screenshot_14.png

~ Valeria
Upwork
story_quest
Martin S Member Since: Oct 16, 2016
3 of 12

Thank you Valeria. I probably would have left Upwork if I was unable to do this.

chey1
Cheyanne D Member Since: Apr 23, 2017
4 of 12
Please cancel my account for me. I have looked everywhere and there is no way for me to do it.
melaniemaghanoy
Community Guru
Lanie M Member Since: Jun 24, 2015
5 of 12

Hi Cheyanne,

It shows that you haven't completed your profile yet. Please complete your profile then you will be able to see the option to change the Display name. Once completed, go to Find Work > Profile and click on your name. On the pop up window, please select "Show only my first name and last name initial"

escripto
Priyanto P Member Since: May 10, 2017
6 of 12

Hi Lanie M,

I have completed my profile. but I still can't click my name in Profile page. why?

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
7 of 12

Hi Priyanto,

We've made a recent change which disabled this option, since freelancers don't have access to edit the way their name is displayed on their profile. Please check this announcement for more details.

Untitled
escripto
Priyanto P Member Since: May 10, 2017
8 of 12

Hi Vladimir G,

Thanks a lot for your fast response .

It clear for me. Smiley Happy

juvy_ann-palma
Community Guru
Juvy Ann P Member Since: Oct 29, 2015
9 of 12

@Vladimir G wrote:

Hi Priyanto,

We've made a recent change which disabled this option, since freelancers don't have access to edit the way their name is displayed on their profile. Please check this announcement for more details.

I like it that my Upwork profile picture is tied to my account in the platform when I google my first name and initial of my last name.  I tried to do the experiment as I was curious and I was surprised that there are many Juvy Anns in the planet and they are as pretty as I hahaha!  Needless to say that I appreciate this security feature for us platform users.

annnan
Ann P Member Since: Jun 30, 2017
10 of 12

I am a freelancer and I would like to display just the first initial of my last name. How can I do that?

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS