🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Change my hourly rate only for a specialized ...
Page options
piilaria
Community Member

Change my hourly rate only for a specialized profile

Hello.

I am trying to add a specialized profile to my account, and I would like to personalize the hourly rate for that profile as well, since I am going to offer different services than my main profile. I cannot find any way to do that, so I was wondering if there is even a way.

Otherwise, I may change my standard hourly rate. However, at that point, I would like to keep the old one for my existing clients. In this case, how could I do?

Thank you!

Ilaria

4 REPLIES 4
oscaralende
Community Member

Hi there Ilaria.

Yes you can do that and it's very easy just click on your specialized profiles and change the ¨Hourly rate¨ individually, like this:

Rate.png

petra_r
Community Member

Ilaria P wrote:

Otherwise, I may change my standard hourly rate. However, at that point, I would like to keep the old one for my existing clients. In this case, how could I do?

Ilaria, when you change your profile rate, nothing changes on your existing contracts at all. It only changes what is displayed on your profile and you can still freely negotiate whatever hourly rate you like for every different job.

If you want two different rates for two different types of work (I have never understood that by the way... An hour of my work is worth an hour of my life regardless of what I am working on...) you need to add a second specialized profile with its own rate.

Petra R wrote:
"An hour of my work is worth an hour of my life regardless of what I am working on."

Customers do not pay freelancers to stay alive! If a freelancer decides to offer more than one service, then it is very possible to offer them at different hourly rates.

⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱

Ahmed F wrote:
Petra R wrote:
"An hour of my work is worth an hour of my life regardless of what I am working on."

Customers do not pay freelancers to stay alive! If a freelancer decides to offer more than one service, then it is very possible to offer them at different hourly rates.

You decide what your clients pay you for, I decide what mine pay me for.

🙂

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths