🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Change my name and bank account number
Page options
dream_solutions1
Community Member

Change my name and bank account number

Can I change my name and bank account number (With my after marriage surname)? What should I do now?

8 REPLIES 8
JoanneP

Hi Shyamal,

If you need to update your name on file, you can request a name change. To change your name, please go to Settings  Contact Info to edit your name. As for adding another payment method, please follow these steps: 

1. Go to Settings     Get Paid
  2. Click Add Method
  3. Click the Set Up button for your chosen method and enter the information
  4. Choose a payment schedule and click Next

For security reasons, your new payment method will become active in three calendar days.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi Joanne,

Thank you for reaching out.

Actually, My question is: I want to change my SURNAME after my marriage. Currently, on Upwork, it is my before marriage surname is DESHMUKH and I want to change to Lilhare. Also, I want to change my bank account number because according to Upwork policy Bank account name should match with the freelancer's name. So basically I want to change both (my surname and bank account). Could you please help me?

Thank you. 

Hi Shyamal,

To update your name please go to Settings > Contact Info > and update your name. It can take up to 3 days for your name request to be reviewed.

You can also remove your current payment and add your new one at any time. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,

Thank you so much for your reply.

Do I need to upload any documents at that time?

Thank you.

Hi Shyamal,

If any additional information or documents are needed, our team will reach out to you directly via ticket with detailed instructions. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,

Great!! Is it complicated for my payment method? According to Upwork policy, Bank Account Name should match with Freelancer's name. 

Hi Shyamal,

If you`re experiencing any problems with your payment method after your name is updated, feel free to follow up here so that I can assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Sure, thank you so much.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members