🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Can't see any email address to write dire...
Page options
mantan2020
Community Member

Change of Name of the account holder

Hi, I've recently had a change in my name. I had it done in a civil court in the USA. But when I tried to reflect that change in my profile, it says I can't change my name. Please advise how can I display my new name on my freelancer profile.

4 REPLIES 4
mantan2020
Community Member

Hi, I was looking for an answer to a question of mine. And I noticed that there's no email address to send my question to the Customer Service. All I can see is a number of templated answers, and a bot. On the Customer Service page, there is only three physcial addresses. What if I have a question that's not covered in the pre-set answers or by the bot?

Hi Mohammad,

You may change your name by going to Accounts menu > Settings > Click "My Info" to edit your name.

• Changing your name to anything other than a recognized name variation (for example James to Jim) will require ID verification
  • To set up payment to your bank account, your name in Upwork must match your name on your bank account

Once a name change request is made then it will be reviewed and we will notify you once the process is complete.

Hi Mary,

Thanks for the prompt response. Your reply adequately addresses my "change of name" query. 

By the way, is going to 'UpWork Community' the only way to quickly contact customer service if I find no answers in the already existing set of answers? Or there is a specific email address for that?

Thanks in advance.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mohammad, 

Due to the volume of users on the platform some support options aren't available for all users. We are always happy to help here in the Community if you have any issues, or questions about your account. 

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members