🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: How can I see the freelancers number with...
Page options
m_terrazas
Community Member

Change of design in SEARCH

Maybe it's a bit silly thing, but there it goes!

I read in some thread something about the change in design of the search for "Freelancers and Jobs", I had not seen it yet.

A couple of doubts (I do not know if it is correct or is a failure from my side):
- Can we no longer see the "quantities" when you do a search?
I mean, for example, how many freelancers with 0 earnings are in Upwork.
- Why, if I look at the profile of a freelancer that appears with "0 earnings" in the search, sometimes has he really earned some money ($ 5 or $ 10)?
It's not something that worries me personally, but, I guess they won't like it, right?

By the way, I liked more how it was before 🙂

13 REPLIES 13
abinadab-agbo
Community Member

I think the new search look is cool.

lysis10
Community Member

reddit already found all the promoted profiles and linked a bunch of bot/duplicate/fake accounts in search lol

Reddit to the rescue.

LOL, I have seen it!

kikilem
Community Member

Hey,

I saw people can use the filter to see the number of each item on Youtube,  like in the first pic. 

But what I only can see is just like the second pic, I cannot see the number of freelancers going after each filter.

Can anybody know why is it?

15.png2.png

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Yingqi,

Could you please clarify on what number you`re refering to so that I can assist you further? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

3.pngHi, Goran, thank you for your reply. The numbers are from where I painted on, a summary of freelancers within the filter.

Yingqi L wrote:

3.pngHi, Goran, thank you for your reply. The numbers are from where I painted on, a summary of freelancers within the filter.

If we look at the first filter "Earned Amout" there are a total of 173,570 freelancers. 144,472 never had any earnings 29,098 had. 11,661 of the 173,570 freelancers had earnings of more than $10k. You can do the same for the other filter categories.

Hola Jennifer 🙂

I can't see that screen with the numbers, as I saw it before
If I search freelancers, I only see the second screen that OP attached.
Has the first option disappeared?

Can you see it?

I noticed this yesterday.  I think the information has been removed.

Goran (or any other mod),
Has the "numerical" information been removed when searching for freelancers?
If so, why?

I noticed it was gone a week ago.

I guess the numbers were bandied about a bit much and possibly misleading.

Petra R wrote:

I noticed it was gone a week ago.

I guess the numbers were bandied about a bit much and possibly misleading.

I commented it almost two months ago, but without answers from UW 🙂

Hi Maria, Yingqi and others,

The numbers were removed from the new search design as we found they hadn't always been accurate. We are planning to reintroduce them in the future once we have a better way to provide those number in an accurate and helpful way.

I apologize for the delay in posting this reply as I was getting some information confirmed with our product team. I have merged this thread with Maria's earlier thread about the same topic. 

~ Valeria
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths