🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Change of last name to married name
Page options
clavelle
Community Member

Change of last name to married name

Hi Team,

May I know what are the documents and steps required to change my current family name to my married name? In addition, will it require me to present right away a valid government ID with my maiden name already indicated on it?
Coz I just processed a new National ID and I'm still due to receive it only after a month. TYA :

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lysis10
Community Member

If your'e smart, you'll just wait to change it when you get your ID. It's a month. I'm sure you'll survive for a month.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
lysis10
Community Member

If your'e smart, you'll just wait to change it when you get your ID. It's a month. I'm sure you'll survive for a month.

clavelle
Community Member

Geez, that's what I thought. Thanx a bunch 🙂

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Clavel,

You can update your name at any time by going to Settings > Contact Info. 
Once the review is completed our team will reach out to you with the results. If additional verifications are needed our team will reach out to you via ticket with detailed instructions. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanx a lot 🙂

Hi Team, 

I've read through Upwork's policy but couldn't quite get a detailed info about it so I'm hoping you guys can shed some light 🙂

I got married in 2015, I was quite wondering if it is against Upwork's policy if I was unable to right away update my last name in Upwork to my married name? 

I mean, I haven't used my married name until just recently. Right after processing and updating my legal docs here in our country to that of my married name. Also had gotten to process my national ID showing my married name just recently.

I'm planning to update my Upwork's last name as soon as my new government ID is released.

Thank you in advance.

Hi Clavel,

Thanks for asking the question in the Community. You can update your last name on your Upwork account once you complete updating your personal documents or, as Goran pointed out, update it at any time. If any issues arise in the meantime our team will reach out to you and will be able to assist you directly.

~ Vladimir
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths