Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change of residency from US to UK

naomiparry
Naomi P Member Since: Jan 6, 2017
1 of 4

Hi!

Apologies if this is a dumb question, but I hope somebody can help me!

I am a UK citizen, currently living in the US (I have EAD and SSN so I am allowed to work here). I will move back to the UK in about a month. I have only recently started on Upwork, I have done 1 fixed price job, and another ongoing weekly job that is paid hourly.

My questions are:

When I move back to the UK I will obviously change my country of residence to the UK. Will this affect my ongoing weekly contract?

When it comes to getting paid, will this always be in USD? My US account is currently linked to my Upwork, but will I be able to change this to my UK account? I can't currently add an account that isn't US.

Is there anything else I should know, or need to do when I move?!

Thanks in advance for your help!

nkocendova
Community Guru
Nina K Member Since: Nov 29, 2017
BEST ANSWER
2 of 4

Hi Naomi,

Moving to the UK should not affect any current contracts. You may be asked to complete identity verification but this shouldn't affect an ongoing contract.

Once you move and update your account details such as your address, you will then have the option on your account to add your bank in the UK, as the disbursement options on your account align with your location of residence. Please also have a look at this article about getting paid in local currency. Hope that helps!

~Nina

View solution in original post

naomiparry
Naomi P Member Since: Jan 6, 2017
3 of 4

Brilliant thank you so much for your help! An international move is hard enough as it is, I'm glad this seems pretty simple!

nkocendova
Community Guru
Nina K Member Since: Nov 29, 2017
4 of 4

Naomi, Happy to help, goodluck with the move.

~Nina
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS