🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Change owner name
Page options
kzyle_infotech
Community Member

Change owner name

Hello,

The owner of our company Upwork account has left our business.  How do I change the owner of our account?

Thanks

17 REPLIES 17
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Mohit,

Just to confirm, you`re referring to your client profile, right? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

No the freelancer

Hi Mohit,

Just to clarify, freelancer profiles are independent profiles. If you would like to work as a team you will need to open an agency profile and invite your team members to join your agency. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

May I know why my response was deleted.

Because I provided pretty much the same response, though in different words.

And Martina's too.

Seems only the mod may answer questions now in the afternoon, GMT.

Abinadab A wrote:

May I know why my response was deleted.

Because I provided pretty much the same response, though in different words.

And Martina's too.

Seems only the mod may answer questions now in the afternoon, GMT.

Because they didn't like it.... 

Pretty underhanded censoring there.

When I have time I'll write a good rant on reddit about the individual(s), places and/or things concerned.

Abinadab A wrote:

When I have time I'll write a good rant on reddit about the individual(s), places and/or things concerned.

But I guess OP learned the hard way that you don't ask in an open forum how to do things that are against ToS.... 

Sorry If I wrote something wrong.. but is there a way to transfer the ownership of the freelancer acccount, because the owner has left us.

Abinadab A wrote:

If I read the original post correctly, he said company account (read: agency).

The profile is not associated with an agency

Feedback refers to a different name and to "The Xxxx team", so no, he does not mean an agency account. He also confirmed that he is talking about the freelancer account.

Hi Mohit,

Our team will reach out to you directly as soon as possible and will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Agencies are transferrable on Upwork.

If it's a freelancer account, it is not transferrable.

Abinadab A wrote:

Agencies are transferrable on Upwork.

If it's a freelancer account, it is not transferrable.

His account was a freelancer account, not an agency, hence problems ensued. 

Martina P wrote:

Abinadab A wrote:

But I guess OP learned the hard way that you don't ask in an open forum how to do things that are against ToS.... 

Wat? Dude got banned.

Poor he.

Abinadab A wrote:

Martina P wrote:

Abinadab A wrote:

Wat? Dude got banned.

Poor he.

Could've played by the rules like the rest of us, no?

Hi Abinadab,

I'd like to follow up on the concern you shared here about having your post removed. I checked and can confirm a couple of posts have been removed in line with Community Guidelines. Unfortunately, due to an oversight, a few other posts have been removed, including your own and even the moderator's earlier response. I've reinstated those posts since they are in line with Community Guidelines and apologize for the confusion the error on our end created.

Thanks for flagging this error, we'll continue to foster an open discussion in the Community forums and address posts which are violating our Community Guidelines in a fair and transparent manner.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

I am having the same problem, I want to transfer ownership, but support is basically non-existent, except a robot keeps asking the same questions over and over again

Hi Lazlo,

I'm sorry to hear you had trouble getting in touch. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members