🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Change payment method for a specific contract
Page options
brad74
Community Member

Change payment method for a specific contract

Hi there - hope you can help! 

I have just successfully completed a contract where the client (who is unfamiliar with Upwork) used the work diary. I logged the time for the project a couple of days ago, and completed the contract today, which the client then ended. He then asked me how he pays me - and I was stuck for an answer. I then found an answer in the help section which seems to suggest he will be billed next Monday and then I have to wait a further ten days to get paid. 

I can't wait that long. I was expecting the usual five-day wait and need the funds by the end of the month. He's willing and able to pay me today. How can I achieve this?

Many thanks in advance! 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Brad G wrote:

Many thanks for your reply, it's much appreciated. Can I clarify please - the client will be billed on Monday and I will have the funds by the following Friday, i.e February 4th? 

Correct, because you are top-rated, so you get them early/earlier. (That's assuming the client's payment method is successfully charged on Monday)

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Member

Brad G wrote:

He's willing and able to pay me today. How can I achieve this?

Unfortunately you can't remove any hours anymore because the contract is already closed.

Any hours logged this business week will be automatically charged to the client next Monday. Because you are top-rated, you will get the funds on Friday and don't have to wait another 10 days.

If the contract was still open, you could have just deleted the hours and the client could have paid you as a bonus.

brad74
Community Member

Hey Petra, 

Many thanks for your reply, it's much appreciated. Can I clarify please - the client will be billed on Monday and I will have the funds by the following Friday, i.e February 4th? 

petra_r
Community Member

Brad G wrote:

Correct, because you are top-rated, so you get them early/earlier. (That's assuming the client's payment method is successfully charged on Monday)

brad74
Community Member

Thank you very much for your help

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members