🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Change the country of residence.
Page options
abdullahshahid_
Community Member

Change the country of residence.

I currently live in Pakistan but I will soon move to the US to study and live. Is there any way I can change the country where I operate in on Upwork? I can provide required documentation for verification too but the question is, Is it possible?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Sure, once you have moved you can easily change your address. You'll have to verify that. Do make sure you have the required employment authorization and a visa that allows you to work not just on campus. Most students don't have a visa that allows them to work while in the US on a student visa or they may only work certain jobs such as on-campus etc.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Member

Sure, once you have moved you can easily change your address. You'll have to verify that. Do make sure you have the required employment authorization and a visa that allows you to work not just on campus. Most students don't have a visa that allows them to work while in the US on a student visa or they may only work certain jobs such as on-campus etc.

Usually no. But it's really a question he needs to address with immigration. 

There is no way that anybody here can answer these questions for an individual.

Each country has their own rules.

And it depends on an individual's nationality, the nationality of their parents, what kind of visa they have, what their school program is, citizenship status, birthplace, and so many other factors.

A person who wants to know about their ability to work needs to consult with local experts and authorities. People in the Forum don't have all the information necessary to know, and don't have any authority to grant or not grant permission.

That is immaterial. All that matters is that he is physically in a specific country, and has to have a permit to work there. US immigration take their laws very seriously. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths