🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Change the review
Page options
aaajelena
Community Member

Change the review

Hi people,

So I had this client that closed the contract after paying me for one milestone. I was chasing him for a while and in the end left the review (on the 14th day) explaining what happened and that I'll update the review if he pays the rest (saying that he eventually payed). That 14 day review period has ended 8 days ago. Today he payed me the rest and enabled me to update the feedback, but there is still no option for me to do it.

What could be the problem?

Thanks in advance.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jelena P wrote:
That’s exactly what I’d like to do, update that part. It would be fair to the client and also other freelancers to know that he did pay after all that.

I agree. If the client clicked on "Enable freelancer to change feedback" less than 14 days ago (!) you should have a tiny "edit" link on the contract under Terms & Settings.

Just don't go and give the client all 5 star feedback.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous-User
Not applicable

Now we can see why you have 100% job success. Rating manipulation, threats and "chasing".

You wrote a scathing review of this client publicly. If I was able to read it, so can any client that would consider you for work.

Can someone jump in and explain what the problem might be?

Once the contract is closed and both parties have left feedback, that's it, right?

Why the hostility?
Is it fair not to be payed after finishing the job? No. If I left 5* for a client that doesn’t respond and doesn’t pay would that be fair to fellow freelancers? No. Everyone should see the review.
I kept my explanation concise to stick to the point which is how do I now let people know that he did the fair thing in the end?
Anonymous-User
Not applicable

I think everyone should able to see it, too.

I would not change the feedback for the client. If you "traded" payment for changing your feedback, it would be a TOS violation anyway.

Yes, I'd be willing to update the text that the client (finally) paid up, but other than that, what changed, really?

That’s exactly what I’d update. What happened would stay but it’s fair for
other freelancers to know that he did pay eventually.

That’s exactly what I’d like to do, update that part. It would be fair to the client and also other freelancers to know that he did pay after all that.

Jelena P wrote:

I agree. If the client clicked on "Enable freelancer to change feedback" less than 14 days ago (!) you should have a tiny "edit" link on the contract under Terms & Settings.

Just don't go and give the client all 5 star feedback.

Thank you, that’s all I needed 🙂
I definitely won’t it’s against my principles.

I tried to figure out what the misunderstanding here might be. Maybe in trying to be short I ended up not saying key fact which is - I completed the job fully, design was approved after 1 review and the client is using it. I desperately submitted everything under the first milestone, and then the rest happened.
kat303
Community Member

if you have a problem with a client and write comments about that problem, then you don't give a 5 star review.  Also, don't start working until escrow is FULLY funded either for the job or for each milestone. If the client gives more work and wants to pay for it, they can always add another milestone with the amount FULLY funded. If you did that, you wouldn't have to go chasing the client for the rest of the money. And you're lucky that the client did fund the remaining money, Many clients do not. They get their work and disappear. 

Anonymous-User
Not applicable

Doesn't TOS state something about Feedback Abuse?

She's lucky if she doesn't lose her account.

Don’t worry, I won’t. 🙂 Enabling feedback change/update is meant for these things.
aaajelena
Community Member

I know. I didn’t want to go too deep in all the issues but basically I was
stressed and desperate to finish. I made the wrong decision to send
everything, that’s on me. And because it’s rare for a client to come back I wanted to let people know that he did.
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths