🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Change to email notification policy
Page options
amelia-franz
Community Member

Change to email notification policy

Hi everyone,

Has anyone else run into a problem with the new email notifications policy? Apparently, email notifications of messages are no longer sent if the message page is opened in another tab or on another device. My client tells me he is not getting email notifications, and it seems like maybe this is by design now? I really prefer the automatic notification sent for each new message.

Just wondering if anyone else has encountered this and if you're hearing from your clients that they're not getting notifications.

Thanks,
Amelia

4 REPLIES 4
farjana-jerin
Community Member

Hello Amelia,

I always get notification from mail if my client send me any text. And also I get notification if I log in another unknown device or different location. And it is true that email notifications of messages are no longer sent if the message page is opened in another tab or on another device.

Thanks

Farjana

Thanks, Farjana. I guess I just need to figure out how to deal with it. I didn't even realize there's been a change until now.

ladyelexia
Community Member

It has been this way for at least a year, its quite annoying. 

I'm not sure why didn't notice it before. I've always received email notifications, even if I opened up more than one tab. I guess I'll have to try to explain it to my client. He's not really happy about it. Oh, well. Thanks for your reply

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths