🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Changed bank acct name to married name wh...
Page options
jvcbanes
Community Member

Changed bank acct name to married name while UpWork Profile retain on maiden name

Hi. I recently change my bank account name (the one I used to get paid)to my married name. However, I haven’t updated my profile name to my married name. Will it affect my earning withdrawal? If so, how long will it take to change and verify my change of last name in UpWork? Once verified will I be able to withdraw my funds immediately?
5 REPLIES 5
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi J-Vae Kae,

You can update your name by going to Settings and using the edit button. If your name variation is not acceptable, our agent will advise you directly about the mismatch on your documents and will suggest editing your Upwork profile name to match your legal name.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I made a request to change my last name. How can I send my docs as proof of identification?

Hi J-Vae Kae,

If our team requires you to submit additional documents, they will reach out to you directly.

~ Joanne
Upwork
jvcbanes
Community Member

Hi Joan, my upwork name has been successfully updated to my married name. I tried to withdraw my funds at 2AM UTC but I havent received it on my bank account yet. So now, I checked the bank details saved on my upwork, unfortunately it is still on my maiden name - I thought that it will automatically update since I changed my last name on my profile. Can anyone from the team help me on this one. I need to raise this and I need to know if my payment pushed through. ( I hope it didnt!) - FYI JUST NOW, that I updated my bank details in upwork where its already too late because I already made a request to withdraw my funds. Please help.

Hi J-Vae,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths