cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Changes in Connect system, when ?

Community Guru
Ronald T Member Since: Sep 14, 2009
71 of 123

No worries MG! With millions of members on this platform, it can get a bit difficult to carry on a polite exhange of ideas.

Community Guru
72 of 123

Setu, I have noticed that some "job categories are impacted more than others" (to use your words). Also, the outcomes for some oDesk Agencies seem more significant. Some Agency owners do not seem to want to pay for Connects commensurate with their needs.

Community Guru
Setu M Member Since: Jan 26, 2014
73 of 123
I know little about how Agencies work, especially re connects. But I will also agree that there is less spam applications. When I apply for a job now, I feel more confident in being interviewed and hired as opposed to being ridiculously underbid or beaten to the punch by 40+ quick finger copy pasters.

I vote for adjustments, but for the system to remain in place.
---- easy like Sunday morning ----
Community Guru
74 of 123

Setu, I like that, "quick finger copy pasters." I hate to admit it, but it takes me 30 minutes to an hour to formulate a meaningful bid. That includes research to learn as much as I can about the prospective client.

Now, searching for clients (given the current freelancer search for jobs features) is a separate issue. It takes way to much time to find good jobs and the best clients.

Highlighted
Community Guru
75 of 123

Ronald, it is really bothersome. By the time you make some checks about the job, see if it is feasible, check if the rate is worth your time, check the client's background, (new) check if the client is liable to leave a feedback and payment etc, you are left in the dust behind 40 applicants. So I appreciate this particular result from the new system.

But then I guess finding a suitable job in an office is equally as difficult.

Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
76 of 123

@Setu M wrote:

you are left in the dust behind 40 applicants. So I appreciate this particular result from the new system.

But then I guess finding a suitable job in an office is equally as difficult.

This is exactly what I like about it Setu. Those people applying to jobs whether they were qualified or not were really hurting many of us as well as clients. I will be glad when they are all gone or they learn to apply for jobs that they ARE qualified for. 

The old system was allowing people a maximun of over 700 applications a month. Thank goodness that has now changed.

Community Guru
Iftikhar I Member Since: Mar 10, 2015
77 of 123

Jean S

The old system was allowing people a maximun of over 700 applications a month. Thank goodness that has now changed.

With the old system i have earned $$$$$ like this with the new one $$$ like this, not really talking about connects i still have 48 to burn.I dont know its coincidence or the system.I was happy with old system according to my field.You are happy with new system according to your field.

Would like to add an other point with the old system a freelancer at  2 star rating was at risk with the new system they have 100% JS and with the new system 5 star rating is at risk having low JS%

What a coincidence?

Community Guru
78 of 123

Setu, my sentiments exactly! (the "it is really...." post....). I am really looking forward to an oDesk real-time chat site. That is, if one is on the planning roadmap.

Community Guru
79 of 123
Yes that would be great, but i doubt any time soon. oDesk has their hands full fixing stuff right now.
Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
80 of 123

Well as fun as this conversation has been it is Saturday after all and it is a gorgeous sunny spring afternoon out, so I think I am going to go do my debating outside in the fresh air and enjoy it. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS