cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changes in Connect system, when ?

Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
81 of 123

The fact remains Odesk is not going to change the system. They didn't with Elance and they won't here. 

We're going to have to live with it whether you like it or not.

If you don't like it there are other platforms you can move to. Many have done that already and most freelancers use multiple platforms, including myself.

Time to just enjoy the weather on a nice spring day.

Community Guru
Iftikhar I Member Since: Mar 10, 2015
82 of 123

Jean S Wrote:

The fact remains Odesk is not going to change the system. They didn't with Elance and they won't here. 

If you don't like it there are other platforms you can move to. Many have done that already and most freelancers use multiple platforms, including myself.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have Acount on Elance and other platforms from the time i had on Odesk but never go there and do a sigle job as Odesk did not let me move from here I just stick with it and never get time to go there and find jobs.

But now I dont have a lot to do here so should plan to visit  them as well but i really like Odesk i start my freelance career here which was a great turn for me.

Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
83 of 123

@Iftikhar I wrote:

If many have done already and move to the other platforms so is this a good sign for Odesk?

I have Acount on Elance and other platforms from the time i had on Odesk but never go there and do a sigle job as Odesk did not let me move from here I just stick with it and never get time to go there and find jobs.

But now I dont have a lot to do here so should plan to visit  them as well but i really like Odesk i start my freelance career here which was a great turn for me.

I don't think anyone is telling you to leave or go elsewhere. The suggestion was that there are other means if you can't make due with 60 connects, or you don't want to buy more connects.

Unfortunately, oDesk was and Elance are one now and there are going to be changes many of us don't like, but are going to have to decide to figure out how to make the changes work for us or find other ways to bring in income.

If you don't want to work off other sites you also have the alternative to set up your own website and spend the money to build your business and bring in your clients this way.

I have a group on one of the social media sites that many of them do not work through any of the freelance sites and are making good money, they had to look at other ways to promote themselves and bring in business.

I also do not think it is going to affect oDesk negatively. I think if anything the changes if they ever get some of the messes straightened out and things settle down will actually benefit oDesk and the freelancers.

But no one is telling you to leave. We or at least I am only suggesting that all of us are going to have to try to figure out how to make connects work or find other alternatives.

Community Guru
84 of 123

Suzanne N

Here is a message from Jean S

So what is the direction of this message may be i understood it other way what do you understand?

Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
85 of 123

@Iftikhar I wrote:

Suzanne N

Here is a message from Jean S

So what is the direction of this message may be i understood it other way what do you understand?

I also stated "But no one is telling you to leave. We or at least I am only suggesting that all of us are going to have to try to figure out how to make connects work or find other alternatives."

I can only speak for myself when I am writing. I did not tell you to leave, I was only suggesting we are all going to have to adapt and make oDesk work for us.

Jean has her own opionions just like you or I do.

Community Guru
86 of 123

Thanks for clearing your side but i wrote in my post a line from Jean S message but i forget to qoute that Jean S is saying something like this i should have to make  it italic style.

Community Guru
87 of 123

I'm saying we all have to adjust and if WE can't adjust then we have to look at alternatives.

If Odesk is no longer working for you and it's not going to change then what are your choices? What will YOU do?

I' saying that for many of us we will be forced to use multiple platrforms in order to make the money we want.

No one is telling you to leave. I'm telling you what I and others are doing to adjust and asking what will you do.

Ace Contributor
MG Arfath A Member Since: Jul 17, 2010
88 of 123

I really dont like it when people say ' oDesk will not change the connects system '  how do they know ?

oDesk and Elance are different I can list 10 major factors that differentiates oDesk from Elance hence the connect system might be feasible on Elance but on oDesk it needs to be tweaked a bit more to suit us, we cannot bid and earn income with just 30 applications especially when 20 of those applications end up with Spam employer who never care to hire anyone after posting a job.

Community Guru
89 of 123

MG Arfath A wrote:

I really dont like it when people say ' oDesk will not change the connects system '  how do they know ?

You have the right to think the way you do. Absolutely.

But, I've worked on Odesk for 6 years and it is very rare that they change their minds about anything. In fact I believe on Elance you have even less connects so for me I don't see them increasing them ever. That's all I'm trying to say. I do not believe they will change anything. You have the right to believe what you want but I also have the right to feel the way I do.

I personally for myself see many good things about the connects. You feel differently and I understand that. But for some it works and for others it doesn't and I think those people will have to adjust.

Ace Contributor
MG Arfath A Member Since: Jul 17, 2010
90 of 123

@Jean S wrote:

@MG Arfath A wrote:

You have the right to think the way you do. Absolutely.

But, I've worked on Odesk for 6 years and it is very rare that they change their minds about anything. In fact I believe on Elance you have even less connects so for me I don't see them increasing them ever. That's all I'm trying to say. I do not believe they will change anything. You have the right to believe what you want but I also have the right to feel the way I do.

I personally for myself see many good things about the connects. You feel differently and I understand that. But for some it works and for others it doesn't and I think those people will have to adjust.

I have myself worked on oDesk for almost 5 years now, i'm not a newbie :-)

I have seen them taking feedback from users and improving oDesk, I think I should tell you about this, it was in the year 2011 I worked for a logo design project the employer paid me $100 after a few days I saw that I didn't got the payment, I checked on the contract page and it said contract on hold !!!!! I was like the whole work is done, the final files of the logo I have sent that to the client now whats the use of placing the contract on hold ? all the effort and hardwork is gone, becuase the employer had problem with his payment method or credit card something that they didn't revelead.

I sincerely wrote an email to the client saying that I will not be able to recieve my money until he fixes the issue with oDesk, the client was a good guy he replied to my email and sorted out the issue with oDesk and I got paid, at the end I told oDesk to notify contractors whenever a client has issues with payment / credit card atleast we will stop working on the porject immediately whats the use placing the contract on hold without notifying me, You know what ? since then oDesk started a policy of notifying contractors whenever an employer has issue with payment / credit card....

Not to pat myself but the conclusion is oDesk do value feedback given by its users, in this case i'm sure they will do some changes to the present system.

Thanks

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS