🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Changes to profile not being shown in sea...
Page options
karkas44
Community Member

Changes to profile not being shown in search results.

Hello community,

I'd like to know how long would it take—or why hasn't it—for changes made to my profile to show up in the search results summary. When I search for "subtitlers," which I am, I see my profile summary with my old hourly rates—from more than 1 month ago—my jobs at 0, and my profile title very old too. I've changed my hourly rate twice in this period. I realized that my JSS has been recently calculated and it doesn't show it either. Of course, I clicked on other subtitlers profiles, who have no jobs in their summary, and also see that actually they have a whole lot of jobs. But, why does this happen? Or how long would it take for it to show there? Does this happen also for the recommendations Upwork does to clients when freelancers apply for the jobs?

Additional question: Is the order in which freelancers appear in search results based on their "rank" in their field?

Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5
karkas44
Community Member

Okay, I usually appeared in the 1st or 2nd page in the search for "subtitler" but now I navigated to the 4th one and I can't find myself anymore. Why would that change be?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Carlos, 

Results vary depending on the type of profile used to conduct the search, since a number of factors are taken into account. Clients will always get a different search result for the same keyword/filters than freelancers using the same parameters. In addition, freelancers are regularly rotated in search results and the order the profiles are displayed in will change every couple of weeks.

~ Avery
Upwork
karkas44
Community Member

Hi Avery. Thank you very much. What about the original post?

Hi Carlos,

It looks like you have a couple of Specialized Profiles. Could you please make sure you have the rate and other information updated on your Specialized Profiles too? When your Specialized Profile matches a client's search, information for that profile is displayed.

Additionally, I ran a few searches and your JSS shows correctly.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hi Valeria,

Thanks for your reply. Well, I realized I haven't changed the hourly rates in my specialized profiles. About the searches, I did mine for "subtitler," for which I don't have a specialized profile because Upwork does not have it available yet, still it showed my non-general profile rate. 

Anyway, if you can see my JSS in your search, then it's certainly different when I do it. I'll change my rates.

Thanks again.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths