🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Changes to "Transaction History" Page
Page options
k_nadel
Community Member

Changes to "Transaction History" Page

It used to be that from the "Transaction History" page, freelancers could select a period including future dates to get a statement. For example, we used to be able to select the 1st of June as a starting date and the 30th as an ending one, even though it's still the 16th. This way, we could have a projection of the full month: including whatever payments might still be pending. This is no longer possible as we are no longer allowed to select future dates:

UPW01.png

Instead, now pending payments are just thrown on top of everything else when you select a period ending on the current day, whether you like it or not. And sure, despite being a step back in terms of the control and options we have when checking our statements I could get used to this, but what's even worse is that along with these pending payments there used to be a projection of the total amount/balance that would be available in future dates, this is now GONE:

UPW02.png

This is BAD, and I don't understand why UpWork continues to remove useful features from the platform. Whereas before I could just check this amount if I wanted to know how much money will be in my account in a couple of weeks, now I have to take my current balance and add and subtract all of the future payments and fees to get this same information, which can be dozens of operations, it's ridiculous.

What on Earth is gained by removing this quick, useful, feature from the platform?? Am i missing something?

3 REPLIES 3
yurkomik
Community Member

Hello. Looks that there is no more way to see how moch money we will have in our account after end of the dispute time. A week or two ago I could filter Transaction History report using date that is in the future and then see how much money I will have released soon. This was a good way to see how productive the previous week was for my agency. Now this option is gone. Someone diceded to disable an option to select future dates.

It there any way to see the summ of the pending sum?

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Kevin and Yuriy,

Thanks for flagging this. We've checked with the team about it and they are working on bringing back the functionality to select future dates when sorting the Transaction History report. We'll keep you updated about it here.

~ Valeria
Upwork
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Kevin and Yuriy,

I'd like to circle back and confirm that you should be able to filter Transaction History by future dates again. Could you please check and let us know if you still can't see the option?

Thanks!

~ Valeria
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths