cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Address and Tax Information

Stephanie P Member Since: Nov 22, 2019
1 of 5

Hi, I'm having a problem. I live in both the US and the Czech Republic. I want to change my address from the Czech Republic to the US so I can use my bank info, but I can't do that until I give my tax information. I can't fill out my tax information until I change my address. Can you please tell me how to fix this?

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
2 of 5

Hi Stephanie,

I checked your account and would like to confirm that the verification is still in progress for your payment method. 
Please keep in mind that your address needs to reflect your location. If you move to the US in the future you will be able to update your address as well. Thank you.

Untitled
Stephanie P Member Since: Nov 22, 2019
3 of 5

Thanks for getting back to me. I don't see any payments yet, so I think the verficiation is still pending.

I do have an address in the US and a US bank account. Does this mean I'm not allowed to use either of them?

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
BEST ANSWER
4 of 5

Stephanie: Although this limitation may be disappointing, Upwork does not currently have a way to allow freelancers to identify two separate current countries of residence. Its user interface and database structure require a freelancer to specify a single country in which that freelancer resides.

It is Upwork's intention that this be the country of "current" residence.

So Upwork does is not concerned with where you were you born, or your nationality, or which country you have a bank account in, or which country you maintain a mailing address in, etc.

It wants you to specify the country you live in now as your place of residence.

With regards to bank accounts and payment withdrawal methods: Upwork actually allows ANY freelancer to have a U.S. bank account and withdraw their money to such an account, regardless of the freelancer's nationality or place of residence.

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
5 of 5

Hi Stephanie,

You`re more than welcomed to use your US bank account or any other preferred payment method. I would like to note that presenting misleading information is a violation of our TOS.

Your address needs to reflect your current location. Thank you.

Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS