🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Changing Bid Terms
Page options
malikdogan
Community Member

Changing Bid Terms

Hi, i would like to know that when i changed bid terms before contacting client, does he take a notification or not?
ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Muhammed M wrote:
Yes, we can say 'not hired' instead of 'not satisfied'. I can 'change terms' from proposal page without using connects by the way. I just would like to know that does my changing make him come back upwork again by a notification and look at my proposal again or not.

Ah ok.  There is no notification.  If/when the client reviews your proposal the terms will be the latest.  

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
robin_hyman
Community Member

Muhammed M wrote:
Hi, i would like to know that when i changed bid terms before contacting client, does he take a notification or not?

Clients see what has been submitted.  Does that answer your question?

For example, a client got 10-15 bids for his job and he didn't satisfied, then went offline. I am one of those freelancers and i changed my bid to lower. Does he get a mail or any notification about my bid changing?

Muhammed M wrote:
For example, a client got 10-15 bids for his job and he didn't satisfied, then went offline. I am one of those freelancers and i changed my bid to lower. Does he get a mail or any notification about my bid changing?

This doesn't make any sense.

* How do you know he wasn't satisfied?  Are you assuming this because he didn't hire someone?  Lots of clients post jobs and never hire.  

* There's no way to change your bid once it has been submitted.  Did you resubmit your proposal with a different bid?  That's not wise.  Don't waste your connects this way.

If you did resubmit with a different bid, yes he will receive it.  Know there are a ton of reasons why a client chooses a specific freelancer and rate is just one.  Your profile, JSS, portfolio, experience, location, etc. are some other elements that go into the hiring decision.  

Yes, we can say 'not hired' instead of 'not satisfied'. I can 'change terms' from proposal page without using connects by the way. I just would like to know that does my changing make him come back upwork again by a notification and look at my proposal again or not.

Muhammed M wrote:

Ah ok.  There is no notification.  If/when the client reviews your proposal the terms will be the latest.  

Thanks.
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths