🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Changing Location, for the reason of travelin...
Page options
jkapitsa
Community Member

Changing Location, for the reason of traveling.

Hi
In the nearest future , I am going to change location, for business purpose.

I plan to move across EU.

Should I change my location every time I move?

Does it take some time for the Upwork System to approve location, for my profile to be public, and for me to be online.

Or those features are not connected between themselves?

Thanks a lot

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jurij,

If you are traveling and are away from your country of residence temporarily, you don’t need to update your location. If it does raise any flags on our end, the team will reach out to you directly. If however, you are going to be away for an extended period, such as moving some place, then you should make updates to your account location. Please make sure you have an appropriate visa type or permit to work in a country you are situated in and pay taxes accordingly. You may need to consult with a legal advisor about it.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jurij,

If you are traveling and are away from your country of residence temporarily, you don’t need to update your location. If it does raise any flags on our end, the team will reach out to you directly. If however, you are going to be away for an extended period, such as moving some place, then you should make updates to your account location. Please make sure you have an appropriate visa type or permit to work in a country you are situated in and pay taxes accordingly. You may need to consult with a legal advisor about it.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thank you for you answer Aleksandar.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths