🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Changing Location
Page options
amithgoash
Community Member

Changing Location

I was in Netherland. Now I moved to Bangladesh in my home country. So how can I change my location address to Bangladesh? I will stay Bangladesh for a long time

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Mace,

If you would like to update your tax address, you will need to go to Settings >  Tax information. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
petra_r
Community Member

MacE J V wrote:

I was in Netherland. 

No, you were not...

So what can i do now

Hi Mace,

Your country is now updated, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

thank you very much .I am new in Upwork and can i change my address for W8BEN? .I mean for withdraw money

Hi Mace,

If you would like to update your tax address, you will need to go to Settings >  Tax information. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran, 

Whenever I tried to update my tax inf, it asks me to change my address (which was supposed to be updated when I change my location) and redirect me to my old place, how could I solve my problem? 

Thanks 

Hi Maria,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue?

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi,
Still the same, and I tried different devices.

Hi Maria,

Please let us know which country would you like to reflect on your account as your location. We’d be happy to update it for you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

United States

Thank you!

Hi Maria,

Your country has been updated to the US. Feel free to add the rest of the information on your profile.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

All set!
Thank you so much for your help
0e1df82e
Community Member

Hi Bojan!

I'm having the same problem. I was in Mexico and I'm in the US now.

Can we please update my account so I can upload my W-9? Right now it only allows me to upload Mexican tax documents.

Hi Geoff,

You should be able to update your location and get access to the Form W-9. You can do that by going to the Settings > Contact info and making the changes under the Location section.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi Goran

I don't know why I've been "located" in France when I opened my account. I live in Milan, Italy, how can I change it? I had to invent the address  and mobile number to be able to continue with the account creation, it was impossible to change to Italy

Hi Andrea, 

Your country is updated as well, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,

I am a Bangladeshi citizen and currently studying in Malaysia. I opened my account in Malaysia a few days ago. Now I want to add a Bangladeshi Bank account as a payment method. So, I tried to do that but I think I have to change the location from Malaysia to Bangladesh and change the phone number too. So, if I change my location and phone number from Malaysia to Bangladesh and keep using Upwork from Malaysia, will it be a violation of TOS?

Thank you!

Hi Rajon,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please use the address that you have in Malaysia to avoid raising any red flags. You may check this article for more information. 

As for the payment method, you can find here a number of options on how you can withdraw your funds.

~ AJ
Upwork

can you change my country to Bangladesh .i want to work from here.  I am a Bangladeshi citizen.

mercy120
Community Member

Hi, please how did you change your location?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths