cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Names

liinmay
Active

Anybody tried to change into their married names? If so, how long does Upwork recognize it?, and what are needed. Married 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
aocumen

Hi Merlin, 

Once you initiate changing your name on your account, you may need to present at least 2 documents that has your married name on it. I would recommend that you be ready with an ID that has your maiden name just in case the team will need it.

I'll confirm with the team what requirements are needed and will let you know. 🙂

UPDATE: Merlin, the customer support team confirmed that you will only need 1 ID with your married name, and the verification process might take sometime between 24 o 48 hours. 

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
aocumen

Hi Merlin, 

Once you initiate changing your name on your account, you may need to present at least 2 documents that has your married name on it. I would recommend that you be ready with an ID that has your maiden name just in case the team will need it.

I'll confirm with the team what requirements are needed and will let you know. 🙂

UPDATE: Merlin, the customer support team confirmed that you will only need 1 ID with your married name, and the verification process might take sometime between 24 o 48 hours. 

~ Avery
Upwork
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS