🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Changing Status from Non-Exclussive to Exclus...
Page options
binarybits
Community Member

Changing Status from Non-Exclussive to Exclussive freelancer when a gig is already going on.

I am the owner of our Agency here on Upwork. However, I had set up myself as a non-exclusive freelancer. We got a gig and I am unable to change my status to exclusive and since the gig is being done by our agency, I'd like it to reflect as such. Anything I can do to fix that?

Thanks,

Blanca V

4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Member

Blanca V wrote:

I am the owner of our Agency here on Upwork. However, I had set up myself as a non-exclusive freelancer. We got a gig and I am unable to change my status to exclusive and since the gig is being done by our agency, I'd like it to reflect as such. Anything I can do to fix that?

Gigs are not done "by an agency"

They are done by the freelancer who was hired through the agency.

It has nothing to do with exclusive or non exclusive.

You also don't appear to have added all the agency members to your agency?

Thanks for the quick reaponse. I added only one person besides myself (he hasn’t yet accepted my invite since I did that earlier today). So then the job got assigned to me as a freelancer, not the agency. How can I make sure that future jobs are associated with the agency (besides those I bid on as the company)...thatnls again.
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Blanca,

Since you're non-exclusive agency member, please select agency as a default team in your settings, then the offers will be accepted under the agency by default.

Let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thank you

~ Bojan
Upwork
VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Blanca,

I checked your account and can see that you have active proposals and a contract under your Freelancer profile, which is why you can't set yourself as an exclusive agency member at the moment.

Please note that a contract can't be transferred from one profile to another, and if you're referring to your active contract, note that you'll need to end the active one you're hired as a freelancer and ask the client to send an offer again, which you'd accept as an agency contractor instead of an individual freelancer.

Also, note that Upwork ToS prohibits transitioning work on a contract a freelancer is hired for under their Freelancer profile and other agency/team members can access contact/client information and content only if a freelancer is hired as an agency contractor, under their Agency. Furthermore, transitioning work is allowed on Fixed-Price contracts only, so if you decide to proceed with working as an Agency for this client, you'll need to ask them to send you an offer for a Fixed-Price contract.

You can find more information about how Agencies operate in the following Help Center articles. Feel free to follow up on this thread if you need further advice and assistance. Also, feel free to pm me (click on my photo > Message) if you have any questions that entail sharing specific information that is not allowed to be posted in the Community.

~ Vladimir
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths