Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing an hourly job to a fixed price one

Active Member
Sawsan E Member Since: Nov 10, 2014
1 of 3

After being hired for an hourly job, I informed the client that I would prefer being paid on a fixed-price basis. However, neither she nor I know how to do this. Can anyone help? Could she, for example just pay me aq 'bonus'? 

Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
2 of 3

I think what you will need to do is end the contract on the hourly and set up a new contract for a fixed.

Community Guru
David G Member Since: Oct 6, 2011
3 of 3

You could also just claim manual hours until it meets the amount you agreed to. I've done this before.


So, if the fixed price is $100 and you've agreed to an upfront payment of $50, then just claim enough manual hours to reach the upfront payment. Then when the job is complete, claim enough manual hours to get the rest of the money.


Just remember manual hours are not guaranteed, but then again, neither is a fixed-price job. Just make sure to get some money upfront.