🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Changing currency to USD for getting paid dir...
Page options
automatelabs
Community Member

Changing currency to USD for getting paid directly to local bank

Hi there, my name is Brendon and I am trying to add a payment method to my local bank account. My local bank account is a multi-currency bank account that accepts EUR and USD. I do not want to lose dollar amount due to the currency rate when changing to my local currency (SGD). While adding the account, it still reflects that the payment will be in Singapore Dollars. Can this be changed to pay in USD dollars instead of Singapore dollars to my multi-currency account?

4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Member

Brendon K wrote:

. Can this be changed to pay in USD dollars instead of Singapore dollars to my multi-currency account?

Not via "direct to local bank" - that is always in local currency.

You can withdraw via wire transfer, then it arrives in US Dollars, but that costs $ 30. It's worth it for withdrawals over about $ 700.

Hi there,

I have no idea how to raise a ticket on upwork. I removed my previous payment method thinking that I wanted to be paid in USD but now I want to add it back since it will always bill in local currency. I cannot add my old local bank account back again. It keeps giving error 'Your request was unsuccessful. Please make sure payment method details are correct and up to date.' My payment details are definitely correct.

Furthermore, I do not know how to raise a support ticket. It is so difficult to get in touch with support. Is there a support email/hotline where I can submit a ticket? This is really frustrating.

Thanks.

Hi all, I've managed to solve the error. It is to do with the address field when adding new payment method (Direct to local bank account). Apparently the address field is not localized and disallows '#' which is a required field for Singapore addresses. Perhaps a suggestion would be for the upwork team to specify what is an example address acceptable when users are trying to enter their address.

Thanks.

Hi Brendon,

Thank you for your feedback, I will share it with our team.

If you have any additional questions, let me know.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths