🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Changing fixed-price contract to hourly
Page options
4bdc8edc
Community Member

Changing fixed-price contract to hourly

Hi! I'm relatively new to Upwork, and I have a quick question. I've been working on a fixed-price contract with a client for a few weeks, and I've completed 7 out of 25 milestones. However, the client wants to modify the work I'm doing slightly and switch me to an hourly contract. It's my understanding that there's no longer any way to convert the same contract to a different type, so we would have to start a new contract. Would cancelling my fixed-price contract before I've completed all the milestones affect my job success score? I don't have any active milestones at the moment.

Any help is appreciated - thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
petra_r
Community Member

Caitlin O wrote:

It's my understanding that there's no longer any way to convert the same contract to a different type, so we would have to start a new contract. Would cancelling my fixed-price contract before I've completed all the milestones affect my job success score?

Not at all! You were paid for those 7 milestones, right? Then ending the contract and starting a new one will not hurt your JSS, if you get great feedback it will have a positive effect!

4bdc8edc
Community Member

Oh, great! Yes, I was paid for those milestones. That's good to know, thank you very much!

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members