🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Changing my Niche
Page options
abpunzalan
Community Member

Changing my Niche

Hi everyone!

So I recently graduated from Rising Talent and got my Job Success Score. My niche is Graphic Design and Video Editing. If I change my niche to Content Writing and remove video editing would that be alright? Or will I lose my Rising Talent badge + Job Success Score? 

Thanks a lot~

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JoanneP

Hi Anna,

The feedback/outcome from your contracts is factored into your JSS. Even if you decide to update your profile and offer different skills, it will not have any direct impact on your JSS.

~ Joanne
Upwork

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
JoanneP

Hi Anna,

The feedback/outcome from your contracts is factored into your JSS. Even if you decide to update your profile and offer different skills, it will not have any direct impact on your JSS.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Thank you!

kinector
Community Member

Anna, the bigger issue is that when you shift between entire categories of competence like that, you'll probably find many prospects avoiding to hire you as your profile now looks inconsistent.

The social proof in your track record is on something else than what you're now claiming to be good at.

Few clients probably realize that the JSS is actually a measurement of your freelancing skills, rather than your technical skills that produce the output you sell.

Worst case: you'd need to build your clientele from almost scratch again.

For reference, I've had 3 niche areas so far, but they're all in the same high-level category (software).
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members