🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Changing payment Account to LLC
Page options
ptchuba
Community Member

Changing payment Account to LLC

I've been an upwork freelancer since the days when it was odesk and separate from elance. I have worked on several hundred jobs but have had very little to do with Upwork support - until now and I am so very disappointed.

I've always worked under my own name and made transfers to my personal bank account. Recently I decided to start a single member LLC and make payments to the LLC account instead. I changed the SSN/EIN without issue but when i tried to change the bank account to the LLC it failed. Name mismatch, they said and that's understandable. I appreciate the need for security. I was asked to provide information showing that I own the account. To do this I have to verify my identity again (last one I did was in Dec 2019) but I went ahead and uploaded my driver's license and then submitted a bank statement from the account. They said the document I submitted needs to show both my name and the name of the company. So i go in again, upload my driver's license again, and uploaded my IRS EIN letter. Then they said the IRS letter is fine but there is a mismatch on my date of birth. I point out that the document site uses a format of YYYY-MM-DD and perhaps they are confusing that with another format, because this is the same driver's license that I have used to verify my identity with them several times before and my date of birth is correct. But each time I respond, it appears the ticket gets transfered to a different person. The new person does not take the time to go over the case and review the notes. Instead they just jump right in and ask me to submit documents again like it was a new case. 

I have held IT support roles for a long time and it is standard procedure to review the case notes properly before typing a single word to the customer. Obviously they don't do that here. I'm frustrated beyond words! It's like I am talking to a brick wall. For the love of God are there any real people there or just robots? And it appears there is no way to call anybody and talk to them. How do I even escalate the issue? Is this how bad the support is? 

6 REPLIES 6
JoanneP

Hi Peter,

I checked your account and it looks like one of our agents is already assisting you on this ticket number: 30034024. One of our agents will update your ticket providing further assistance. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
c38927c5
Community Member

Hi Peter, I am in the same boat. Have you been helped yet? 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Abhishek, 

It looks like you've already filed a ticket regarding the same concern. I'll go ask the team to look into your open ticket so that they can get back to you soon and assist you further. 

~ Avery
Upwork
6af56311
Community Member

Was this resolved? I'm looking to do the same soon once my EIN has been provided. Would love to know if there is. Preferred process for this change from freelancer SsN to my LLC ein

Hi Mariethelma,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ Arjay
Upwork
bundie702
Community Member

I also switched from individual freelancer to LLC. Fortunately for me, it went quite smoothly. I hope they can get you set up soon...at least you'll only have to do it once!

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members