🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Changing the title of the job
Page options
a_ishfaq
Community Member

Changing the title of the job

Hi Upwork comunity!

My client want's me to change or edit the title of one of the academic project that I have did for him in previous month. So my question is can I change the title or description of that particular job as he wants it to be confidential ??

Kindly let me know I shall be very thankful.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "My client want's me to change or edit the title of one of the academic project that I have did for him in previous month. So my question is can I change the title or description of that particular job...?"

You have no ability to do that. There is no such functionality.

HOWERVER: The client may contact Customer Support and request their help in changing titles of descriptions of contracts they posted.

I can't guarantee that Customer Support will actually make the change for them, but that is their only possible way of achieving their goal if the contract is already closed.

They must do this themselves. Not you.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "My client want's me to change or edit the title of one of the academic project that I have did for him in previous month. So my question is can I change the title or description of that particular job...?"

You have no ability to do that. There is no such functionality.

HOWERVER: The client may contact Customer Support and request their help in changing titles of descriptions of contracts they posted.

I can't guarantee that Customer Support will actually make the change for them, but that is their only possible way of achieving their goal if the contract is already closed.

They must do this themselves. Not you.

Hi,

I'm on my 3rd year to my client. If my job title will be changed, terminate the initial contract and change to new, does Upwork will charge me again to higher processing/admin fee like a new contract?

Sheryl L wrote:

Hi,

I'm on my 3rd year to my client. If my job title will be changed, terminate the initial contract and change to new, does Upwork will charge me again to higher processing/admin fee like a new contract?

No, because it is still the same client. But since you are past the 24 month threshold you could also continue outside of Upwork and save the fees.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Abdulrehman,

Is the contract closed? If yes, then your client or you will not be able to edit the details of the job. If the job post is still open/active your client will be able to edit the title. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
petra_r
Community Member

Abdulrehman I wrote:

My client want's me to change or edit the title of one of the academic project that I have did for him in previous month.

Why? because most of your work looks like you did academic work that should have been done by the student?

Petra R wrote:

Abdulrehman I wrote:

My client want's me to change or edit the title of one of the academic project that I have did for him in previous month.

Why? because most of your work looks like you did academic work that should have been done by the student?

He also writes papers on ethics.

hi Chertine ,
YEAH ! I have write about the ethics and standards that the Engineer's of the company should followed and that's it.
Thank you.

a_ishfaq
Community Member

Hi petra thanks for replying.
With due respect I have done research work only that have been assigned to me ,that's it and not the students work . And I had my issue resolved now and thanks for you people for helping me in this regard.
Best wishes.

Anonymous-User
Not applicable

Why does he want it to be confidential? He shouldn't be asking you to do it. Sounds fishy.

Yeah Cairenn absolutely and I have already told the client about that and its clear now. Thank you!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths