🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Charge back
Page options
gurdeepbrar207
Community Member

Charge back

Hi there,

My account is restricted for money withdrawal because one of my client has requested money return from his bank that he paid to me for the job we have done successfully but don't know why he is asking money return and now he is not replying my messages. One more thing he is requesting money after 4 months of job completion.

Can anyone help me please.

Thanks
Gurdeep Singh
4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Member

Gurdeep S wrote:

My account is restricted for money withdrawal because one of my client has requested money return from his bank that he paid to me for the job we have done successfully but don't know why he is asking money return and now he is not replying my messages.

The rightful owner of the credit card or PayPal account used is doing so.

That may or may not be your client.

Not a lot you can do, unfortunately

Hi Petra,
Thanks for your immediate reply.

How could this be possible as when we try to add credit card to upwork then they do two transactions and ask us to verify then how it could be possible a person can use another person's credit card.

If client has used his friends or known person's credit card then it should not returnable as i have worked and client has approved it done.

I think it's a good luck for me that job was only $75 if it was a big job then i was totally in loss.

Thanks

Gurdeep S wrote:
How could this be possible as when we try to add credit card to upwork then they do two transactions and ask us to verify then how it could be possible a person can use another person's credit card.

Hacked / stolen cards or PayPal accounts happen all the time, employees using business credit card without permission etc.

Gurdeep S wrote:
If client has used his friends or known person's credit card then it should not returnable as i have worked and client has approved it done

It does not really matter. Chargebacks are notoriously difficult to defend.

Gurdeep S wrote:

I think it's a good luck for me that job was only $75 if it was a big job then i was totally in loss.

Yes.

If a client on upwork using a credit card or any other payment that is stolen or using without permission then that account should be blocked or any serious action be there.

I'm hoping that upwork will talk to bank on behalf of my account to return my money back.

Thanks
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members