🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Chargeback Notification: Pending Reversal
Page options
luqman_aslam
Community Member

Chargeback Notification: Pending Reversal

I completed a job on 24 October 2021/ The client accepted the work and approved the milestone. He left a five star review too. But now suddenly he is asking for Chargeback Notification: Pending Reversal. What kind of behavior is this? What i can do now?

13 REPLIES 13
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Muhammad, 

I'm sorry to learn that your client filed a chargeback. It looks like instructions were sent to you through your support ticket on what options you can take. I recommend that you check the support ticket and communicate with the team to move forward with your concern. If you have further questions, please don't hesitate to update your ticket thread so that team can assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork
luqman_aslam
Community Member

There is no option of chat. What is this a client get work and after 3 months he wants refund

luqman_aslam
Community Member

How can i open a case for this? So i can communicate with client and members of Upwork

Hi Muhammad,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your funds. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Muhammad A wrote:

How can i open a case for this? So i can communicate with client and members of Upwork

You can communicate with the client, but there is no "opening a case" for that. The client's bank has already taken the money out of Upwork's account

Muhammad A wrote:

What is this a client get work and after 3 months he wants refund

That's not how a chargeback works, it is not about the client "wanting a refund" - its about the owner of the payment method instructing their bank to reverse the payment, which has already happened.

This is totally wrong. He gets my services 4 months ago give me a good review too and after 4 months this happens.

Chargebacks really, REALLY suck.

Unfortunately they are an unpleasant fact of life.

josphat47
Community Member

Hello

I have a Pending Reversal case and I need to refund the money to upwork since I have enough money balance in my account, so that I can be able to withdraw monies, I need help please

Hi Josphat,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the action taken on your financial account. I checked and noticed that the relevant team has already notified you via a support ticket here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with the team directly if you have additional questions regarding your concern. You can also view and reply to the support ticket via your registered email address.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork
2f06b2f8
Community Member

Hi, 
I am facing the same issue.
Were you able to have this resolved?

Hi Himanshu,

I would be happy to help. I shared your concern with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
rudhkul
Community Member

Did your issue get resolved? Did you have to pay the client back? I am facing the same issue.

anuproycode
Community Member

I got the same fact email just now. I am contacting my client. If the money is gone then I have to pay Upwork that much amount otherwise I can not withdraw money. What kind of justice is that? 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members