cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chargeback after completion of project successfully

shubhranilm
Shubhranil M Member Since: Dec 12, 2020
11 of 29

Yes this is what has happend. The project was completed and I had my payment in my account. After all this I had to face the chargeback after 15 days and I have to reimburse for this scam after 2 months of dedicated work efforts.

This is a scam that happens on Upwork and other freelancing sites... Its very demoralising now

shubhranilm
12 of 29

Thanks to Upwork team 

Even after everything the cheater today issued a fresh chargeback for some remaining amount and Upwork just sent me a mail that he again did this and I will have to pay for it. What a great experience folks... I could see that Upwork could do nothing in this regard... What a great way to scam people

Really depressed now.. 

I was just looking at the finished contract and i found he gave me a 5 star for my job.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
13 of 29

Shubhranil M wrote:

Thanks to Upwork team 

Even after everything the cheater today issued a fresh chargeback for some remaining amount and Upwork just sent me a mail that he again did this and I will have to pay for it. What a great experience folks... I could see that Upwork could do nothing in this regard... What a great way to scam people

Really depressed now.. 

I was just looking at the finished contract and i found he gave me a 5 star for my job.

It's interesting you are calling him a cheater, because it's true. You did his college homework for him. See Avery's response.

shubhranilm
14 of 29

Do you expect that he told me that it was his college homework?

lysis10
Community Guru
15 of 29

Shubhranil M wrote:

Do you expect that he told me that it was his college homework?

Avery's comment confirms what you are doing, and I just looked at the client/job. You did his homework for him. If you want to work in a shady dishonest side of the internet, fraud/chargebacks will be the norm for you.

It looks to me like this might be a college kid or could be someone farming out work for others. I can't tell for sure. His job history is all over the place.

shubhranilm
16 of 29

Is the clients profile still active? He isnt responding to me.

lysis10
Community Guru
17 of 29

Shubhranil M wrote:

Is the clients profile still active? He isnt responding to me.

I have no idea but if he filed a chargeback he's probably not going to respond to you. it's not like "whoopsie my CC charge failed." He purposely filed a chargeback for whatever reason.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
18 of 29

Jennifer M wrote: He purposely filed a chargeback for whatever reason.

Or the real owners of the credit card filed the chargeback 😉

lysis10
Community Guru
19 of 29

Petra R wrote:

Jennifer M wrote: He purposely filed a chargeback for whatever reason.

Or the real owners of the credit card filed the chargeback 😉

I was thinking that too but the client has a history. A weird history but a history. I think this is a farmer possibly getting jobs either on Upwork or other platforms and outsourcing. Looks like the client has gotten into the academic fraud market because he has an accounting job open too that is basically "do my homework."

But I guess with the chargeback he's not a client anymore. lol

shubhranilm
20 of 29

Thanks for the insights Jennifer but I was thinking is there no way to stop these scams on this platform? What if Upwork strictly bannes use of credit cards or any other payment methods that involves the provision of chargeback. 

Its not a huge thing for me to refund the amount but I feel what is wrong is that this person can again create another profile and scam other freelancers as well. I respect this platform and hate to see Upwork loosing against such scamstars.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS