Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chargeback after completion of project successfully

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
21 of 29

Shubhranil M wrote:

Thanks for the insights Jennifer but I was thinking is there no way to stop these scams on this platform? What if Upwork strictly bannes use of credit cards or any other payment methods that involves the provision of chargeback. 

Its not a huge thing for me to refund the amount but I feel what is wrong is that this person can again create another profile and scam other freelancers as well. I respect this platform and hate to see Upwork loosing against such scamstars.

Work hourly. Use tracker. Follow rules. If you're doing people's homework though, Upwork will probably decline your payment.

lol tell me what payment method doesn't have fraud protection and chargebacks? lmao

shubhranilm
Shubhranil M Member Since: Dec 12, 2020
22 of 29

Look there are payment methods like debit cards where chargebacks are nearly impossible... Once money is paid its paid it wont return.

Coming back to your proposal for not doing homeworks suppose I teach a student some subject and he asks me about a particular question related to his asssignment. I solve it for him and teach him how to do it. Does this also account for homework violation... 

Sorry this is how teaching works

a_lipsey
Community Guru
Amanda L Member Since: Jan 23, 2018
23 of 29

Shubhranil M wrote:

Look there are payment methods like debit cards where chargebacks are nearly impossible... Once money is paid its paid it wont return.

Coming back to your proposal for not doing homeworks suppose I teach a student some subject and he asks me about a particular question related to his asssignment. I solve it for him and teach him how to do it. Does this also account for homework violation... 

Yes, solving the problems for the student is doing their homework, and no, it's not how teaching works. You can likely find equivelant problems to tutor them with so they can do their own actual homework on their own. I looked at just a few of your "jobs" and you were clearly doing someone's homework. That's not tutoring and that's not teaching. The jobs themselves specifically asked you to do the work for the person on Zoom while they were in an exam. You're committing academic fraud, period. You are part of the problem many of us have been complaining quite loudly about. Upwork should do more than suspend your transactions. They should ban the accounts of anyone taking jobs to commit academic fraud. 

shubhranilm
24 of 29

Got it Thanks

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
25 of 29

Shubhranil M wrote:

oh sweaty, that is so cute and precious. No chargebacks on debit cards. That's a cute way of thinking. It's not accurate, but it's cute.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
26 of 29

What if Upwork strictly bannes use of credit cards or any other payment methods that involves the provision of chargeback. 

There is NO credit card that does not facilitate chargebacks.

Shubhranil M wrote:

I was thinking is there no way to stop these scams on this platform?.

Yes, I also want Upwork to ban academic fraudsters, on both sides. The clients who buy such things, and the freelancers who accept such fraud jobs and don't report them. They are just as bad.

Shubhranil M wrote:

Look there are payment methods like debit cards where chargebacks are nearly impossible...

You are completely wrong. It depends on the country. Upwork won't ban all US-based clients.

Shubhranil M wrote: 

It isn't. You know exactly what kind of "jobs" you've done, and maybe now you know better, you won't do it again in the future.

feed_my_eyes
Community Guru
Christine A Member Since: May 4, 2016
27 of 29

If you know where your "client" is a student, you should turn him in.

shubhranilm
28 of 29

I tried but failed... I understand all your comments and I shall refrain from such projects in future

jared_k
Community Guru
Jared K Member Since: Dec 12, 2015
29 of 29

Except you won't

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS