Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chargebacks on Upwork

Community Guru
Viacheslav K Member Since: Sep 9, 2015
11 of 12

Heather F wrote:

I'm so livid right now, so the client decided he was going to get everything for free after seeing how easy it was. SO now I owe upwork $1040,00 and that's even after reversing some funds from me. It's not that I don't have the money but it's the fact that Upwork is letting clients take advantage of the system. imagine I did a charge back for all the connects that i've bought off upwork. I am sure they would be just as thrilled as I am right now. He was a new client and I landed the job as a newbie so I didn't know but this is not okay no matter what candid response anyone gives. 

It's not Upwork's fault. That's how online banking and credit cards work. The only thing they could do is disable fixed contracts. Therefore don't do big fixed contracts.

Also, Upwork needs to charge the freelancer for this. Because a client and freelancer could cooperate to milk out Upwork.

Though, they should add some kind of notice. People should know about the chargeback risk before agreeing for a fixed-price contract. 

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
12 of 12

Hi Heather,

I understand your frustration with the issue that occurred with the payment on your contract. I do see our team has been communicating with you since you received the initial notification and notification, as well as sharing all the details about the status of your funds and changes in your account status. I also see our team advised about the available actions and steps as your disposal, and shared related Payment Protection requirements and guidelines. Please refer to your support ticket and continue communicating with our team since we can't discuss chargeback cases in the forums.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS